Bug Report

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

VistaJohn1

Bug Report

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Hi All

Have played this game sence it first came out. With H3 and now H3 ANW it is better than ever! Thanks for so many thousands of hours of enjoyment.

Just ran the Reinforcing the Northern Flank with 3.7, no changes of any kind on scenario or DB. After killing everything but the Kiev and two frigs, one known bug (after damaging the Udaloy and Kira, TF stoped moving for a short time) and one or two new to me showed up. One was that Nimrodes (some with harpoon and one with just stingrays leave an asw mission to attack the Kiev. The pure asw loadout has no weapons to attack with!! After firing the harpoons the others go to max alttude and close the Kiev! Closing the asw mission was the only way to stop this action. After killing the Kiev, but before it sunk, recreated the asw mission and the same thing happened with the asw assets marking time at max altitude over the sinking kiev (still had harpoons on board, never fired as they closed from well ove 100 miles away). Saved the game when I first discovered the Nimrodes taking off and can send it if it is needed. Next, I had used up all the missiles from the subs and closed to torpeado range. At 200m, I fired from one sub at max rang aginst the Kiev and two frigs, turned at right angle annd increase speed to cruise and max depth. Short time and sub distroyed with out any detection by any platform of a weapon. Went to the Los Angeles and repeated with ADCAPS at max range, 90 the oposite way, max depth and then full speed and same results. Kiev had been hit with harpoons and ex's and was only doing 4 knots, and burning when this all happened. So badly damaged, yet pinpointed a sub so far away that was 200 meters down and droped a Nuke (?) dead on? Seemed strange. Anyway, it was fun and I have the file save just after the asw forces took off to send if you want.

VistaJohn
jpkoester1

RE: Bug Report

Post by jpkoester1 »

Hi there,

I'll take your issues separately

1. Nimrods closing to attack ASuW with torpedos

This might be caused by the torpedos set to be ASuW capable in the database. I can't check myself right now as I am going on vacation and still have to pack)

2. Submarines being killed without detecting what killed them.

You might want to try turning the UseNukes option off as it tends to result in such issues when it is used in a scenario not built for it. Additionally you might want to turn on your VCR feature. Then you can replay the scenario and watch from teh russian point of view and see exactly what is going on and when/how/where the enemy detected you.

Cheers,
JP
"I cna tyep 300 wodrs per minuet"
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

Just looked in 3.7.1 and the Stingray torpedoes are only ASW-capable. [:(]
VistaJohn1

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Hi

Have you checked and found that the stingray has no anti-surface capability? No change to the DB or Scenario were done.

VistaJohn
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

I checked in both the game and DB editor.  Stingray is listed as ASW-capable, only.

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”