Vichy France unfreeze, bug or feature?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

Timmeh

Vichy France unfreeze, bug or feature?

Post by Timmeh »

Before the panzers rumble into western France, if you attack one of the soon to be Vichy frozen territories first, they will not be frozen when France surrenders and forms Vichy.

'Bug' or 'feature'?

I just sacrifice a militia in NA and I get to use the NA inf and southern french units and railroads from turn one! It allows the german bombers more options aswell as they can reach gibralter easier now. or I can put those air units on the west African coast to Op fire any ship movement into gibralter from the Atlantic from turn one. It also allows the Germans to save on repairing western France railroads and still get 6 inf and 4 arty next to Spain on the first turn. In effect it allows the Germans a much easier time pressuring south at the start of the game...

My opinion, I think its a bug and shouldn't be expoited. You?

discuss.
Lebatron

RE: Vichy France unfreeze, bug or feature?

Post by Lebatron »

Definately shouldn't be exploited. Anybody how does should be slapped[:-]
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Forwarn45

Post by Forwarn45 »

ORIGINAL: Timmeh

My opinion, I think its a bug and shouldn't be expoited. You?

discuss.

I agree.  It's against the intent of the Vichy France rule (and the text you are given when Paris falls indicating Vichy France takes power).  I wouldn't allow it unless your opponent doesn't mind.  Props to Timmeh for discovering it.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Hey Timmeh, how many hours do you spend in front of this game to find things such as this?[&o][&o][&o]
Beware of Timmeh when he's not on your trench, seems to be a tough nut to crack.
I would have never thought to attack Southern France in the Su40 turn, good job finding out.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Sorry posted #4 twice. Anyway to delete #5?
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

IIRC, we decided that if a Vichy territory was taken before Vichy was declared, then Vichy should never be declared. I can't remember if this was supposed to happen if the areas were simply attacked. Either way, the areas should either be frozen Vichy areas or Vichy should not be declared, so the way you describe it, it is a bug and players should avoid taking advantage of this bug.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
PyleDriver

Post by PyleDriver »

Leave it to Tim to find this one...Dreams of the game...Many restless nights... His first love was a Red Headed Spitfire...lol...More cards in the hole, than Cary Grant had women...If theres an angle, hes got his slide ruler...lol

[8D]
Jon
Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester
Protaganist

Post by Protaganist »

The way you would "legally" unlock Vichy is to use your Tactical Bomber from Southern Italy to attack the Infantry in Tunisia before you rush your tanks to Western France.  Bring in a Heavy Fleet for bombarment and you have a good shot of taking out the Infantry.  Walk in a Militia from Tripoli (or boat one over from Sicily/Southern Italy) and it is yours.  If you fail and you really want it, land an Artillery from Southern Italy and then walk/boat in the Militia.  It may be worth it to get access to all those guys (worth it for conscience purposes).

Don't take Spanish Morocco until you have Spain because it gives Spain to the Allies if you take it first.

Return to “The War Room”