Units set into PZ's

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: Harpoon 3

VistaJohn1

Units set into PZ's

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Hi All

Something I've noticed with 3.7.0 and 3.7.1 is keeping flights (aaw, asw, asuw) within some distance of the set patol area. They go to burner or max speed and try to intecept contacts hudreds of miles away. Secondly, there are flights much closer that could do the intercept and are asigned patrols nearby. It seems that the next flight in the que is elected for the intercept, rather than one lower in the que that is near by, but is leaving its assigned PZ to chase something that is far away. Is anyone else having this happen? Does anyone know a way around it besides micromanagement?

VistaJohn[&:]
FreekS

RE: Units set into PZ's

Post by FreekS »

Yes I'm seeing that happen as well. It seems patrol missions are far more 'curious' now

Only way around it is drawing a navzone around where you want the planes to patrol.

Herman has discovered a way to put those nav zones into a game (as a designer) so they only apply to the AI and not to the Player.
I'm using this a lot now for scens that I want to function in ANW (for example in OILFIRE)

Freek

VistaJohn1

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Hi FreekS

Thanks for the hint. Will try that on scenarios I make.

VistaJohn[:)]
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

The utility of NAV zones to restrict plane movement is somewhat less useful in ANW than it was in H3.6.3 due to the bug:

Bug Report: Plane ignores Nav Zone

I've been seeing many planes just ignore them and fly right through nav zones in ANW and I have no idea why it happens. Most missions appear to obey them, but it only takes one to really mess up a scenario. [;)]
VistaJohn1

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Hi

The scenarios I have been working on lately have had almost all assigned flights do this. Each new air contact, plane or missile, has an entire flight (2 aircraft) assigned to it. It could be a group of four detected, and four flights are assigned to intercept.

VistaJohn

Return to “Harpoon 3 ANW Support”