Warning to Mac Users

Introducing the FIRST game from Matrix Games for the Pocket PC and Palm OS!

Command Soviet, Axis, or Allied troops in 20 different scenarios ranging from the German Invasion of Poland (1939) to the Soviet Winter Offensive and their attack on Berlin (1945). Blitzkrieg: War in Europe 1939-1945 features 45 different units of land, sea, and air and all of the hex based tactics that would go along with it.
jvgfanatic

Warning to Mac Users

Post by jvgfanatic »

This game is not distributed as file you can just transfer across to your PDA. You must download the setup executable onto a Windows (capable) machine to unzip it, run setup, and enter your serial number.

You can transfer the resulting prc (or windows/pocket) files to your mac via email. You will have to enter your serial number *again* once you run the game on the PDA as well but at least you can get it there.

I'm glad I could dl'd it again from findmyorder.com because the zip (and resulting executable) are not emailable with either gmail or hotmail (the two services I use).

...and companies try to convince us that copy protection is for *our* benefit. Riiiiight.

All that being said I must say thank you for bringing another great game to a wider audience.
PlayTek

RE: Warning to Mac Users

Post by PlayTek »

This is no longer the case. Since version 1.53 no executable for Windows is shipped. Just copy the file to your Pocket PC for installation.
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

The Matrix version comes with a SETUP program that is a Windows executable. That Setup program will only run on a Windows based machine. It requires the entry of a serial number oddly enough (odd, because the game ALSO requires the entry of that number...I could understand if it was just the game that required it).

You did get my hopes up though for a second, you mean to say that the Palm version has been updated to 1.5.3 as well?! Ha, I know you didn't mean that but I did get my hopes up.

Anyway, if the Matrix version no longer comes in the form of a Setup application then kudos.
PlayTek

Post by PlayTek »

This must be by mistake, we will check this with MatrixGames this week.
PlayTek

Post by PlayTek »

The latest Palm version is 1.43 it won't be updated to the same level as the Pocket PC version. There may be further games for Palm equal to their PPC versions.

Return to “Blitzkrieg: War in Europe 1939-1945”