Collectable wargames

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

watchtower

Collectable wargames

Post by watchtower »

As a professional seller of wargames/RPG's/ boardgames/ 8 & 16 bit classic computergames and other cr*p[:D]. I wonder what an original MATRIX digital download will be worth in 20 years time?[8D] Hmmmm.

andym

RE: Collectable wargames

Post by andym »

i dont suppose you have any Advanced Squad leader stuff going relatively cheap?
Press to Test...............Release to Detonate!
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Darn...you're too far away.

You could sell my collection of boardgames if you were closer. [:(]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
ravinhood

Post by ravinhood »

ORIGINAL: watchtower

As a professional seller of wargames/RPG's/ boardgames/ 8 & 16 bit classic computergames and other cr*p[:D]. I wonder what an original MATRIX digital download will be worth in 20 years time?[8D] Hmmmm.

In 20 years time after the nuclear holocaust, the roaches and ants will probably be more interested in playing SIM PEOPLE. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

watchtower

Post by watchtower »

Your best to get yourself a ebay and paypal account and sell them yourself. I can give you some good pointers and advice on the best way to do this as I have sold over 5000 items on ebay. I know your quite some way from a post office but if you list stuff near to the time you will next visit it you can easily make yourself some big bucks. It's easy and you can buy all those juicy new Matrix games with your bulging paypal account or just transfer the dosh to your bank account. PM me if you want some tips on doing all this.

watchtower

Post by watchtower »

Advance squad leader never goes cheap[:D] still very popular after all this time!!

rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

Your best to get yourself a ebay and paypal account and sell them yourself. I can give you some good pointers and advice on the best way to do this as I have sold over 5000 items on ebay. I know your quite some way from a post office but if you list stuff near to the time you will next visit it you can easily make yourself some big bucks. It's easy and you can buy all those juicy new Matrix games with your bulging paypal account or just transfer the dosh to your bank account. PM me if you want some tips on doing all this.

I'm already stretched to the limit timewise. Last night I got about two hours sleep as I made up tests for today's classes. Then, after a day of teaching, I had to go down to Chinle and sit through a boring two hour meeting followed by the drive home. It's now 8:37 pm and I'm ready to collapse!

I'll keep your offer in mind and maybe I can get into Ebay sales next summer break. [:)]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
andym

Post by andym »

Advance squad leader never goes cheap[:D] still very popular after all this time!!

lol,tell me about it.Luckily i still ahve the vast majority of them.its great to see thet they have started to reprint it all again,still pricey though.I saw not long ago the SPI Crimea Quad boxed game and they wanted £175 for it!!!!
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

I remember and old Atari 8 bit war game which had a board and counters like a traditional tactical wargame but all the calcs were done by the computer - anyone remember this? What was it? It was Nam based I think.

Nice idea might be a good angle for a new game. Big board, nice metal playing pieces. Calcs and visuals etc by the box in the corner......hmmm.

andym

Post by andym »

I dont remember that one,but there was one for the Speccy 48.it had a magnetic board and playing pieces.Cant remember what it was called though.A few years back i was working on putting some 1/300th micro tank rules on the PC so it could handle the Combat resolution,it was all going well untill i got drafted to HMS Mercury Sickbay!!
rolfyd

Post by rolfyd »

You have peaked my curiousity
in what condition do the board games have to be in?
i have
tactics 2 ( two copies)
panzer leader
blitzkreig
bismark
jutland

all have been used to some extent but in good condition
always do what's expected of you
just not when your enemy expects it !
Aloid

Post by Aloid »

There were a few games that gave you a board, counters and the program that ran it all...

I remember Fighter Command was like this...

... my garage is full of old board games, and early 'puter games... maybe I'm rich and don't even know it...

:)

Aloid
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I remember and old Atari 8 bit war game which had a board and counters like a traditional tactical wargame but all the calcs were done by the computer - anyone remember this? What was it? It was Nam based I think.

Nice idea might be a good angle for a new game. Big board, nice metal playing pieces. Calcs and visuals etc by the box in the corner......hmmm.

I had one like this for my old Atari 800, from Avalon Hill. I believe it was called Tanktics. WWII era, with a Squad Leader style board and counters. I seem to recall that the program had a glitch and every fire order returned a message similar to "Fire order garbled." I don't think I was ever able to play the game.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
TOCarroll

Post by TOCarroll »

Well, I've got the whole Un-Advanced Squad Leader, Thrid Reich, Advanced Third Reich, Panzerblitz (1st ed), Russia Front, ect. Basically anything SPI or AH did on WW2 that is actually playable. They are all in a box, the size of a medium refrigerator). Even though I am perpetually broke, I would not take $1,000 for em. Just a wargame pack-rat. About once every 5 years I get a chance to play one (almost always Advanced Third Reich).
Some of us old gamers are odd ducks.....[:D]
"Ideological conviction will trump logistics, numbers, and firepower every time"
J. Stalin, 1936-1941...A. Hitler, 1933-1945. W. Churchill (very rarely, and usually in North Africa). F. D. Roosvelt (smart enough to let the generals run the war).
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

OK, A brief guide from a 4400+ positive feedback ebay seller [8D] ( this is a random off the top off me out of the top off me silly little head list)

BTW please PM me if you want advice on selling on ebay or on selling collectables/interesting rubbish[:D]

1. Most AH boxed COMPLETE games are worth £15 to £100+
2. There are over 200 versions of MONOPOLY very few (even the lovely UK 39-44 war issue) are worth more than £10-20.
3. Most COMPLETE SPI, AH and small publisher games pre 1980 are worth £30 -£200
4. SQUAD LEADER AND ALL ADD ON'S IS WORTHLESS - I'LL GIVE YOU A £1 FOR EACH BIT
5. SORRY 4 is a LIE ---WORTH a few quid or so - PM me to sell me your collection - BEST PRICES PAID
6. BIG BOXED GAMES, i.e Buck rogers, Heroquest, etc = £1 -£5
7. D&D - 70's up to £50 per module, 80's up to £20, etc
8. OTHER ROLE PLAYING - odd and rubbish gets quite a lot of money (unless it's Gygax at his craziest)
9. OLD 8 bit games - C64 is the daddy in Europe. Sold a cassette of ARTIC - PLANET OF DEATH for £77 a while ago. On all platforms anything by Ultimate sells very well.
10. OLD 16 Bit games. AMIGA is still very strong. Good common games in very good condition will fetch £2-10, A rare game might go for £50.

BTW - I WILL SELL YOUR OLD GAMING STUFF FOR YOU AT ONLY A SMALL COMMISSION - HONEST GUV'NOR[;)]

Will continue this if anyone is interested [:D]

Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Interesting. It appears that my collection of over 100 board games (mostly SPI and almost all pre-1980) is worth about $10,000 then. That should keep my wife from begrudging the space they occupy in a closet.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

Insure them or sell them to me - or even better let me sell them. Seriously though - INSURE THEM. Your general house cover will not!!

Joram

Post by Joram »

I was too young at the time to know better but my father dumped over 2/3rds of his wargames about 15 years ago because we were running out of space. Most of them were classics and even if moderately used (after all, we did like to play them!) they would be worth quite a bit. He still has a fair collection though most of the real classics are gone. :(
watchtower

Post by watchtower »

to Continue:

11. BLOOD BOWL - 1st edition - all £20 plus up to £100. 2nd edition Nice painted or plain Treemen £10-15, Ogres, and others £.50 to £5.00 a nice complete team up to £25

12 WARHAMMER - early 1980' 90 sets WITH BOX unpainted can go silly - Others can go £2-5 each nice paint job - generally £.25 - £1 each figure.
Depends on rarity. Some very sought after stuff out there. 40k is more valuable as a rule.

13. CONSOLE GAMES. Nothing solid yet apart from the Japanese consoles like Neo Geo etc, best to not worry about.

14. Early and Dos PC strat games are starting to get sought after ( sold Jagged alliance deadly games for £56 recently!) Colonization £20 etc.....

15 DEAD PLATFORMS - Not collected as yet (hard to sell) ........... MSX, Intellivision, Sharp MZ80, BBC and some others

16. CALCULATORS...... Working calcs from 1965 -1980 by TI, Commodore Bussicom and a few others are very collectable- personal fave!

17. GAMES WORKSHOP Bookcase games - i.e Labrynth, Blockwar, Judge Dredd and so on All £20 - £60 maybe more

Will go on if enough interest[8D]

Aloid

Post by Aloid »

ORIGINAL: TOCarroll

....<snip>
Some of us old gamers are odd ducks.....[:D]

It would appear that there are many of us odd ducks still wandering this earth!

A strangely comforting feeling I would add...

:)

Aloid

Return to “General Discussion”