Yom Kippur War PC game?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Clausel

Yom Kippur War PC game?

Post by Clausel »

Is there any pc game covering the full Yom Kippur war ie operational and grand strategic level? There have been a couple of board games but the only pc games that I have noted contain individual battle scenarios only not the full campaign.
junk2drive

RE: Yom Kippur War PC game?

Post by junk2drive »

The Star and The Crescent from Shrapnel games. There is a demo. Way over my head but supposed to e good from those that like this type of game. Highly detailed.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I believe there is also a TOAW III scenario that covers the whole thing.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Clausel

Post by Clausel »

Thanks junk2drive/Erik for the helpful info. I was aware of both games but had mistakenly thought that none of the their battle scenarios was the full campaign.

Warfare1

Post by Warfare1 »

There is also a an excellent user-made Panzer General II Campaign (with 17 scenarios) about the Yom Kippur War.
Drinking a cool brew; thinking about playing my next wargame....
Clausel

Post by Clausel »

Thanks, not a game I have seen before so thats useful to know.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

The Star and The Crescent from Shrapnel games. There is a demo. Way over my head but supposed to e good from those that like this type of game. Highly detailed.

It's a great game, but its tactical level not operational.

I can't think of grand strategic level game (it doesn't really seem suited to that scale), but there's a TAOW 3 scenario which I havn't tried yet), and HPS's Middle East 1967 (which has '56 and '73 OOBs and scenarios too) in the 'Modern Battles' series.
Clausel

Post by Clausel »

Thanks. Now that I have TOAW3 I can try out the full war scenario there. Although I couldn't discover what the 15 scenarios in STC were - the descriptions on the web didn't suggest a full campaign option. I can see the attraction of the numerous actions at tactical level in the war but I have fond memories of the first(?) board game covering the whole conflict which brought out well the critical dilemma for the Israelis, juggling reinforcements and air power between the Sinai and the Golan fronts. Ironically this was far more enjoyable version for me than the better researched 2nd edition of that game.

Return to “General Discussion”