nice

Introducing the FIRST game from Matrix Games for the Pocket PC and Palm OS!

Command Soviet, Axis, or Allied troops in 20 different scenarios ranging from the German Invasion of Poland (1939) to the Soviet Winter Offensive and their attack on Berlin (1945). Blitzkrieg: War in Europe 1939-1945 features 45 different units of land, sea, and air and all of the hex based tactics that would go along with it.
sabre100

nice

Post by sabre100 »

I already have this game for palm pda, nice game....convert it to windows and you have an excellent game.
itsjustme

RE: nice

Post by itsjustme »

This is great.  I have a treo 700w.  Can someone confirm that it will work on this device?  Perfect for those long plane rides.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Here are the requirements on the Palm OS side:

Requirements
Palm OS powered device with Palm OS 5.0 and higher

2.5 MB free memory

16-bit color display

320 x 320 and 320 x 480 resolutions are supported (resolution of 320x480 pixels in landscape or portrait mode is supported on Tungsten T3/T5 and Tapwave Zodiac; on Sony devices the 320 x 320 mode is used)

Tested on: Palm Tungsten C, E, T, T2, T3, T5; Palm Zire 71, 72; Treo 650; Tapwave Zodiac 1 & 2. If you own a different device that meets all the above requirements the game should work ok.

Devices such as Palm Zire 31 or Treo 600 are not supported because they only support single density displays (160 x 160 pixels).
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Pocket PC Requirements:

Requirements

Pocket PC 2003 or Windows Mobile 5.0

15 MB of program memory, 10 MB of storage memory (can be installed to a memory card)

Supports QVGA (240 x 320) and VGA (480 x 640) devices as well as devices with square screen (240x240 or 480x480) such as Treo 700w.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

2.5 Mb for Palm OS and 15 Mb + 10Mb for Pocket PC?!?

What's missing from the Palm OS version?[&:]

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

I doubt much is missing or anything at all for that matter, Pocket PC applications are generally much much larger then their PALM counterparts.  Most apps for Pocket PC take up much more space and require more RAM to run.. That is why I always liked the Palm OS.
BaitBoy

Post by BaitBoy »

Can someone post a link to any screen shots or reviews?
"You go over there and attract their attention while I . . . "

Member Henchmen and Sidekicks Local 272
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

As allways in our "Games" section where all additional information and screenshots for all our current and upcoming (announced) product is available

Here is the direct link to the BK part: http://www.matrixgames.com/games/news.asp?gid=322

Note that the screenshots have been enlarged.
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

Ok, so the official site says that it will not work on devices such as the Treo 600.  I have the Treo 700W.  Will it work?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, under Pocket PC it specifically lists that one:

"Supports QVGA (240 x 320) and VGA (480 x 640) devices as well as devices with square screen (240x240 or 480x480) such as Treo 700w."

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
itsjustme

Post by itsjustme »

Doh!![X(]

Thanks for pointing out the obvious.  This is definately what I need for my traveling.  [&o]
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

2.5 Mb for Palm OS and 15 Mb + 10Mb for Pocket PC?!?

What's missing from the Palm OS version?[&:]

If you review the screenshots for the game you'll see the differences. In the Pocket PC version the graphics are much cleaner, the front is shown much clearer. There are differences, probably all graphical.
PlayTek

Post by PlayTek »

Palm OS and PPC versions are different. Now they use different code, different graphics etc. It is not possible to port the PPC game to Palm OS for technical reasons.

Treo 700w won't work because it only features 32MB of RAM, which may be not enough for the game to run (there is approx. 15MB free - depending on other apps running simultaneously this number may decrease, don't forget that an application stays in memory when you tap the close button - it becomes minimized not closed like under desktop Windows).
Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

I would highly recommend this one, there are also versions of other games not yet available for the PPC from Playtek, what about them? Will they also be avalable soon?

Return to “Blitzkrieg: War in Europe 1939-1945”