Announcing Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided

Gary Grigsby’s World at War is back with a whole new set of features. World at War: A World Divided still gives complete control over the production, research and military strategy for your side, but in this new updated version you’ll also be able to bring spies into the mix as well as neutral country diplomacy, variable political events and much more. Perhaps the largest item is the ability to play a special Soviet vs. Allies scenario that occurs after the end of World War II.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Alex Fiedler

Announcing Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided

Post by Alex Fiedler »

Sequel to Award-Winning World at War with Diplomacy, Espionage and Events!

Matrix Games and 2by3 Games (www.2by3games.com) today announced the sequel to the acclaimed Gary Grisby’s World at War. This new sequel, Gary Grigsby’s World At War: A World Divided, adds a host of new features to grow the engine well beyond the original game in terms of grand strategy. A World Divided includes spies, neutral country diplomacy, variable political events, unit experience and scenarios that occur after the war as well as starting earlier than the original.

The original game, recently awarded the Origins Vanguard Unique Game of the Year Award, put players at the helm of one of the five major nations during the Second World War. Managing supply lines, production, troop movement, and resources, it had a simple and elegant design with variable levels of difficulty and detail.

Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided will take this design to the next level, adding espionage, code-breaking, variable political events, unit experience and neutral country diplomacy. These changes vastly affect the dynamics of play and add entire new layers to the grand strategy mix of the original. Players will have to learn to be more flexible with their tactics, facing more important decisions on these new fronts.

In addition to the new features in Gary Grigsby’s World At War: A World Divided is a completely new ‘what-if’ scenario that carries forward from the end of the war into a conflict between the Western Allies and the Soviet Union. Russia’s massive and experienced army is up against the West’s well equipped forces and industrial might. In addition to simply starting with this scenario, players have the option to jump right from the end of their normal campaign game of WWII into this alternate history. This creates a whole new set of strategic choices as players will have to think into the future and plan for their war against the other super-power while still fending off the Axis forces.

The overall ease of play is retained in Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided. The game will ship with four tutorials, three campaigns, and five different scenarios starting from 1939 and the invasion of Poland and extending into the mid 1940s.
Erik Rutins

RE: Announcing Gary Grigsby’s World at War: A World Divided

Post by Erik Rutins »

FYI, we just updated the screenshots in the Games section for A World Divided.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
jpinard

Post by jpinard »

Wow, this is wonderful, WONDERFUL news! When is it due?
PasLef

Post by PasLef »

This looks like it could have been a major update from WaW from what I could read and see in the screenshots...[&:]  It would be nice to have it so for WaW owners, or at least at a big discount [:D].
mikwarleo

Post by mikwarleo »

ORIGINAL: PasLef

This looks like it could have been a major update from WaW from what I could read and see in the screenshots...[&:]  It would be nice to have it so for WaW owners, or at least at a big discount [:D].

From the screen shots it does look like an 'expansion pack'.

Is there a plan to offer it at a discount to WaW owners or is it considered to be a new game by the developers? If so why? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Uncle_Joe

Post by Uncle_Joe »

From the screen shots it does look like an 'expansion pack'.

Is there a plan to offer it at a discount to WaW owners or is it considered to be a new game by the developers? If so why? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Hi,

You can read a response to a similar question here:

tm.asp?m=1212688

Personally, I think the changes are sufficient to warrant more than expansion pack. YMMV on that though.
mikwarleo

Post by mikwarleo »

Thanks, I read the post, sorry I didn't see it sooner. Sounds fun ... [:)]

HoI2 had similar questions raised when it was released and similar objections to it being sold as a sequel rather than expansion or upgrade...

I'll likely buy WaW2 eitherway and I'm sure most people will do the same...
SeanD

Post by SeanD »

HoI2 had similar questions raised when it was released and similar objections to it being sold as a sequel rather than expansion or upgrade...

I'll likely buy WaW2 eitherway and I'm sure most people will do the same...
Actually we very conciously decided NOT to call the game WaW2 because we felt that we put sufficient work into the game to warrant it's own standalone version but that it was "next generation" enough to earn the title WaW2. We felt that it was stuck between a substantial expansion pack and a "next generation" version. Hence: A World Divided.
Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Just to fully understand it: Does "A World Divided" have everything WaW had (except for the combat animations) plus some new features?

Are all scenarios of WaW included in "A World Divided"?

Thanks,

Chuck
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Yes, we carried them all over to AWD with some revision plus added two new extra hard scenarios for solo play. 
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided”