Editing exisiting scenarios

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the editor for Flashpoint Germany.
FlipTrac_511

Editing exisiting scenarios

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

I've been playing 'Spartans at Noderfurt' and barely managing decisive victories as WP. I want to play the exact same scenario but with better WP assets. Namely, I want more T80s, replace the BTRs with BMPs, and add air support. I don't want to start from scratch and I'm not allowed to edit the existing one because I don't have a password. Someone please help me achieve this instant gratification of steam rolling V corp!
CapnDarwin

RE: Editing exisiting scenarios

Post by CapnDarwin »

FlipTrac,

Here is an open version of the scenario. If you want the breifings to sync up you need to make copies of the .b0 and .b1 files with a matching name to your new file. Have fun.
Attachments
TemplateVCorps2.zip
(6.91 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
FlipTrac_511

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

Thanks Capn!  I'll check it out ASAP.

On that note, I did manage to whip something up but I'm experiencing some weird stuff on it.  It's basically a custom 'Spartans at Noderfurt' with a better equipped WP regiment and a dozen SS-21s to plaster Noderfurt itself.  Pure gratuity here.  Anyway, when I click on a SS-21 the cursor wants to drag it right away (I have to right-click to unstick it).  The TOC starts scrolling downwards all on its own too.   I have a save file of it...would you like to check it out?  If so what files do you need and where do I send it?
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

If the files are small like a save game, just zip it up and post it here and I'll give it a look.

FlipTrac_511

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

I read the FAQ but I still can't figure out how to attach a file...
Viper6

Post by Viper6 »

In the forum when you reply, look right below the smileys section for the File text, to the right of that will be the Click here to upload! button, simply click on that and select your file. If you are uploading a saved game or the like it must be in a .zip format or something similar.
Alex Clark - Viper
Flashpoint Germany Beta Test Team
Flashpoint Middle East Beta Test Team

Supervising Lighting and Sound Technician,
University of Minnesota, Morris
FlipTrac_511

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

What the heck?  I don't have that on here.  Nothin under the smiles that says 'File'.

Forum software says Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI, if that means anything.

edit: NEVERMIND. I forgot there was a 'fast reply' and 'post reply'. I need to use 'post reply'. Thanks!
FlipTrac_511

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

Here we go...

Fire it up and go to the SS-21 'farm' on the map and right click on any of them. Play around and pretty soon the cursor will want to drag the SS-21 tiles on just a single right click. Then check out the TOC as it starts scrolling down on its own.

Oh, those SS-21s have their targets all set up. Just click 'fight' and watch the fireworks. Best with animation enabled of course. Surprisingly some Army units manage to survive...
Attachments
NukeEMBigtime.zip
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
FlipTrac_511

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

Great, I just ran the save game again and I can't replicate the self scrolling TOC.  The cursor drag still happens after clicking on a couple of SS-21 tiles and designating Nuclear strikes.

edit: Actually, I can't replicate the dragging consistently either. Great. The file will probably play fine for you. Oh well, just load it up and click 'fight' to end setup, then click 'fight' again (at this point you have one nuke at your disposal, I say plant it around loc 35.24). Again, make sure you have the animated explosions enabled. [:D]
FlipTrac_511

Post by FlipTrac_511 »

Okay I got the weird stuff going on again.  I think it may have something to do with having enabled the 'Show subordinate units' option.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I should be able to give this a look later today. Thanks for the update.

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

FlipTrac,

Sorry for the delay. I looked at your scenario and the issue is the placement of the SS-21's in the CoC tree. To get rid of the problem delete the current SS-21's. Add a single SS21. It should appear at the bottom of the list in the CoC attached to the main HQ. To make more, first click on the SS21 in the CoC to highlight it, then right click and chose clone unit. Repeat to fill out the number you want, but remember to highlight click an SS21 first before cloning. The editor has a twitch and send the highlight up to the HQ unit and you will close that unit if you just continue to right click clone.

james grcevich

Re: Editing exisiting scenarios

Post by james grcevich »

hi. i have tried editing several times and after i save it just disappears. what am I doing wrong?
I have the steam version.
ty

Return to “Scenario Design and Editing”