T-34 76 (Russian armor icon mod) version 1.0 ready to go!

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

PanzerKampfwagen

T-34 76 (Russian armor icon mod) version 1.0 ready to go!

Post by PanzerKampfwagen »

T-34 76
Russian armor icon mod

One of the things that has always nettled me while playing WaW is that the Soviet armor icon looks more like a little BT-7M light tank than a powerful T-34 76 medium tank, which was what it was supposed to be. I have always liked the original game icons for the most part, but I thought that this particular icon looked out of place. And so, I finally decided to fix the problem by making up an entirely new set of Soviet armor icons. And this time, I made sure the result came out looking like a T-34 76 medium tank.

By an entirely new set, I mean that I created a set of icons that changes everything, even the combat animations. In fact, if you scroll down to the next post, you can see a screenshot of a combat animation using this new Soviet T-34 icon.

Since this icon mod only alters the game's graphics, it will not harm or change WaW in any way other than altering the Russian armor graphics, and thus it should not cause any compatibility problems with PBEM or internet games. It should also be compatible with all WaW game versions as well as all WaW game mods. In fact, I specifically tested it on Franco's Alliance version 2.4, and found that it works very well with this mod. And, just for the record, I have also thoroughly tested this mod with the stock game. To the best of my knowledge, there are no known problems with it.

I believe this T-34 76 mod will greatly enhance the look of the Russian armor, so I hope you'll try it out and see what you think. I believe you'll discover it makes the Russian armor look much more realistic, and thus I also think you'll find it improves your WaW gaming experience on the Russian Front.

You can download T-34 76 by clicking on the attachment at the end of this post. When you do this, another small window will pop up. Click on the T-34.zip file in that window, and then you can save it to your own computer from there. Instructions are included in the zip file.

Take a look at the screen shots below ( especially the one showing combat animation with the new T-34's! ), and then try downloading the icon files and installing them. It only takes a few moments. [;)]

And please, if you try out this mod, feel free to post a note here to tell me what you think of it. [;)]

-PanzerKampfwagen
Attachments
T3476.zip
(45.07 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
PanzerKampfwagen

Combat animation screenshot 1

Combat animation screenshot 1:

Attachments
Combat.jpg
Combat.jpg (32.61 KiB) Viewed 309 times
PanzerKampfwagen

Combat animation screenshot 2

Combat animation screenshot 2:

Attachments
T34Burning.jpg
T34Burning.jpg (11.51 KiB) Viewed 309 times
PanzerKampfwagen

Map screenshot 1

Map screenshot 1:

Attachments
Map.jpg
Map.jpg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 309 times
PanzerKampfwagen

Map screenshot 2

Map screenshot 2:

Attachments
Map2.jpg
Map2.jpg (60.36 KiB) Viewed 309 times
PanzerKampfwagen

Production screenshot 1

Production screenshot 1:

Attachments
Pipeline.jpg
Pipeline.jpg (25.88 KiB) Viewed 309 times
PanzerKampfwagen

Production screenshot 2

Production screenshot 2:

Attachments
Production.jpg
Production.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Lebatron

RE: Production screenshot 2

Post by Lebatron »

Nice work. I once made a V2 rocket for a follow that needed help with this. He was making a mod that included this weapon by swapping out the relatively unused German carrier air for the V2. Sadly he never finished it and I havn't seen him around anymore. Anyway, it looks nice but I think it looks a tab bit to big. I would shink it some if I was you.  
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
PanzerKampfwagen

Icon size

I actually made the icon a little larger on purpose, because I thought it looked better that way in relative size to the infantry and other units.
kondor

RE: Icon size

Post by kondor »

your work is commendable, but I must agree that the icon is a little too big... If you wanted too make it bigger than inf/art... ok, but then at least enlarge the German tank icon... Tiger was a great tank, and when I play with axis I do not want to see that mine tanks are smaller[:-] (the size does matter[:D])
PanzerKampfwagen

RE: Icon size

Making the Tigers ( indeed all the game's tanks ) a little bigger would be a great idea, but since we don't have larger armor icons for every power right now, I think we should at least use what we do have, namely larger tank icons for the Russian armor. Besides, historically, Russian armor was pretty large compared to most German tanks.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”