A few addins

This forum is for 3rd party developers to post enhancements for PureSim Baseball, such as stadium art, face packs, etc.

Moderator: puresimmer

Abev

A few addins

Post by Abev »

In all of my PS assns, I control the team with the lowest or next to lowest finances, so I am always on the look out for very good low paid players. I saw a need and created a few addins to help me. If your team is budget conscious, you might find these helpful.

I updated them for ps2007, as there were some changes made to the work database - short story is they will work for ps2007.

There are 5 addins:

Best Young Player Value (Under 26)
Best Player Value (Any Age)
Best Young Pitcher Value (Under 26)
Best Pitcher Value
Front Office Accounting Report

The first four addins all pretty much do the same thing, as there titles are self explanatory.

What I really like about them is that they take many factors into consideration when ranking players. Each player gets a certain amount of points calculated for experience, ratings, and past statistics. Then the players points are ranked against all the other players that received points and given a value of 1-10 where 10 is the best Ability rating.

Players are also ranked according to salary. All of the players are ranked against each other and given a 10 point rating for a low salary and a 1 point rating for a high salary.

The closer to 20 points a player gets, the better the value.

Keep in mind this is not necessarly the best player, but the best value players.

The final addin comes from the Front Office. These folks are not necessarily the most athletic; there are strictly number crunchers. What this addin does is it takes each of the players on your team, compares that players ratings with other players of similar age and ratings, and determines whether they are "overpaid", "underpaid", or "average". I like to use this as a 2nd opinion to control my payroll and keep it down so I can sign that big FA should he come along.

Install the addin into the PureSim Baseball 2007\mods\AddIns\VB6 folder Get It Here There may be some bumps along the way, but it is very stable. Also its best to run the addins from the "global options" button on the botton of the screen. It seems to format addins better.

Feedback is more than welcome.
PadresFan104

RE: A few addins

Post by PadresFan104 »

Abev - mind if I add these to my Mods site?
PadresFan's Text Sim Mod Website: http://www.padresfanmods.net
Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/padresfanmods
Abev

Post by Abev »

Please do. Thanks PadresFan.
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Very cool.  Thanks - I look forward to working with it.
akcranker

Post by akcranker »

Just tried them out and I really like them.. thanks abev.

I was suprised to see that I don't have very many quality players on my team.

I wasn't as suprised to see that I overpaid a few players though.  Which is kinda putting me in a bind to field a quality team.  But thanks to your addin's I'll hopefully be able to make better decisions in the future.

Thanks man
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

ORIGINAL: akcranker

Give Mr Peter Angelos a call - you too could be in the MLB! [:D]
Abev

Post by Abev »

ORIGINAL: akcranker

Just tried them out and I really like them.. thanks abev.

I wasn't as suprised to see that I overpaid a few players though.  Which is kinda putting me in a bind to field a quality team.  But thanks to your addin's I'll hopefully be able to make better decisions in the future.

Thanks man

Remember, this is just my idea of what a quality player is. Think of it as a 2nd opinion. Not so much quality players, more so best value players. A team the best value players probably wont win a whole lot. You need some high priced players.

I find that if I run my assn for a while, then run the best value players addin, I will find alot of my players on the list. Meaning what came first the chicken or the egg. Do I pick good value players or does my code pick the players I like to pick?

It's really helpful to me when I have a fringe major leaguer making alot of money ($3-5m for my assn) and I want to trade him in his last year of his contract bc I know hes gonna want 5-6 m for very little ml experience to re-up. I will trade him for a player signed for 4-5 yrs with a 16 + rating.
Abev

Post by Abev »

If you folks have any ideas on addins lemme know. I thought of a really cool one tonight that I will try and bang out this weekend. Not gonna reveal it, its a secret [:D]
redsoxfan999

Post by redsoxfan999 »

Abev,
           Thanx for updating these. I had the earlier version and really missed it when PS2007 arrived. Keep up the good work.
         The real genius in this little gem is that it allows you to focus on players that will give your roster better than average return for modest $$ so that your budget can afford those High Priced Stars.
[align=right] [/align]
Abev

Post by Abev »

Thanks redsoxfan. I can be a little aloof and I drifted from PS for a little bit. I blame it on the New York Rangers.

I never realized these addins became obsolete with ps2007. Shaun tried to trick me by changing some of the database fields [;)] Good thing is he made a bit more database info available to addin creators. (How about giving us a players transaction table for the work db <wink>)

Before the addins I found myself creating these really restrictive custome filters on players, looking through their player card, testing the trade waters, then repeating. Each time I had to redo a custom player filter to refine it, ugh. It took forever. At least now I can have most of that in one place, without having to look for salary or certain ratings. Sure it needs some tweaking, but it cuts my trade research time in half.

As I think about it now, I probably should weight longer contracts over shorter ones. That is give more value to a 4 or 5 year deal, as opposed to a 2 year deal?

BTW one bug I *think* I may have in them is the level the players are playing in. Dont always trust what it says in the master output (the listing that the addin generates) make sure you double check the player card. I cant find anywhere in the tables where it says exactly which level the player is in *right now*. The level that gets printed next to the players name is where they palyed this year; I am not really sure how accuarate the output is if the player played in more than one level. It should mostly be accuarate though.

Return to “3rd Party Add-ons Area”