Beta 1.19 news

PureSim Baseball is the ultimate baseball fan's toy, with support for both casual and hardcore baseball fans.

Moderator: puresimmer

puresimmer

Beta 1.19 news

Post by puresimmer »

Any of you out there tried 1.19?

Anyone running IE7 Beta 3 and PureSim 1.19 besides me on my test machine?
Developer, PureSim Baseball
sposfan

RE: Beta 1.19 news

Post by sposfan »

Not touching IE7. I tried installing it and it would totally block any access to the internet, even by firefox. Actually took the time to call microsoft and was on with their tech support for a while, with their final recommendation being to go back to IE6 !
torque561

Post by torque561 »

I have been playing 1.19. I like it, but have posted a couple of issues on the Beta testers page. You are doing a great job.
dnelms

Post by dnelms »

Shaun, I had IE7 Beta 2 running and when I istalled PS2007 realized it was causing my problems for PS2007. So I backed up to IE6. When Beta 3 came out, I tried to install it, but got one of those infamous installs where it does everything and then tells you it could not install. Tried every fix MS has thrown out there, but can't get it to install. I've doen beta testing before and know the risk, but when I saw many were having a problem, I decided that the only 2 machines, I'd have it on were production machines and could not take the risk. Curious to see if MS figures out what is preventing the installs from working. I'd love to test it, but can't right now.
A PureSim supporter from the early alpha days!
dnelms

Post by dnelms »

Just an FYI, for anyone trying to use IE7 Beta 3. If you are running ZoneAlarm (version 6.5.7xx), then that is the culprit. I'm now running the beta 3 as I am satisfied it is not causing problems. Will try to get some testing in on it tonight.

Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Any of you out there tried 1.19?

Anyone running IE7 Beta 3 and PureSim 1.19 besides me on my test machine?

Yep running it fine with IE7 Beta 3.
rmayer32

Post by rmayer32 »

I'm patched but haven't had time to give it a hard run yet.. So far I do like what I see however.. Hopefully will be able to give it a bigger go at it over the next couple days.
Rick
captskillet

Post by captskillet »

ran several games with it Shaun...........no problems and the default font it uses is SO MUCH easier for me to see the in game stuff!
"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

dnelms

Post by dnelms »

Shaun... let an association run all night long on it, no problems at all.

rickm

Post by rickm »

Not running IE7, but the problem I was having in 1.18 with imbalanced rosters (too many pitchers) and teams hanging during the "thinking" phase seems to have been fixed just fine in 1.19.

Thanks.
NOCAHOMA

Post by NOCAHOMA »

I installed the 1.19 patch and the game would not start up. It acted as though it could not find the program to launch. I had to re-install everything up to 1.18 to get it up and running again. I have no clue why it would not start with the new patch...any advice?
Torre: Cincinnati was ahead 7 to 2, now it's down to 6 to 4...
Gibson: New math Joe
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Same thing happened to me.  That makes two of us.  There is obviously some culprit.

A few of you guys have said you have no problems with it, but didn't specify whether you were on IE6 or IE7 beta.  That would help, I think.
rowech

Post by rowech »

I'm assuming you guys re-started your computers?
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Ya know, that couldn't hurt.  Lemme give it a shotsie.
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

annnnnnd....

no.

Disabled my Norton's, pop-up blocker and canceled the Spybot registry guard thingie.  Still not appearing on the screen.  I tend to think it has something to do with the version or updates (lacking) of my IE6 or something.  Not sure.

IE = devil.
dnelms

Post by dnelms »

When you get the blank screen, try hitting ESC and see if you don't get the game menu. There is a plugin for the intro feature about Matrix that plays on one of my computers, but I get a blank screen on my home computer (completely up to date). If I hit ESC everything loads fine then.
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

Yea it may be something with the intro, try hitting ESC when the screen goes black.

I am going to remove the intro altogether for the official patch.
Developer, PureSim Baseball
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

No blank screen.  The program doesn't pop up at all.  I still have the regular desktop.  And I've removed the Matrix.avi a long time ago and my shortcut targets the game .exe, not the autorun .exe

So I don't think the intro is a factor here, but I could be wrong somehow.  Just not sure how that changed in v1.19

But taking it completely out of the loop I am sure will please people.
NOCAHOMA

Post by NOCAHOMA »

Haven't had a chance to check out the "escape clause" on mine yet...will try it out for tonight...
Torre: Cincinnati was ahead 7 to 2, now it's down to 6 to 4...
Gibson: New math Joe
StormcloudCreations

Post by StormcloudCreations »

Hey Shaun,

Loving the game (the $14.95 price was too good to ignore!) so far, with the 1.19 Beta patch. IE6 fully patched, works fine. Yes, i'm an IE7 holdout, until it becomes an official release.

Playing a 30 team quickstart fictional league, stats are very solid so far, trades seem fair. Even if my Oklahoma City Bay Sox are in just about last place and pretty much bite no matter how much I wheel and deal. :)

Boy, Puresim has come a LONG way since I tried the earlier versions years ago, including the oft-delayed original version of PureSim. An amazing accomplishment for a game company "part-timer", and being one myself with my games, I know how hard it can really be. Keep it up!
Derek
Lead Programmer of Hornet Leader PC
Mindtoy Games - Unique Strategy/Board/Card games for the PC - mindtoygames.com

Return to “PureSim Baseball”