Triple to third base

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: puresimmer

looneyluden

Triple to third base

Post by looneyluden »

I have been getting triples hit to third base. I also get many doubles to third base. I know a double to third base is a very possible occurence when a hard hit ball goes off a glove. But i do see a fairly high occurence rate of these, and I have even had a few triples to third base(which sounds impossible to me). Anyone else seeing this, and does it need to be fixed?
KG Erwin

RE: Triple to third base

Post by KG Erwin »

A triple down the 3rd base line?  I suppose it's possible, if the fielders' ranges are very low (the ball rolls into the left field corner, barely remaining fair).  Would have to be pretty rare, though. 
looneyluden

Post by looneyluden »

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

A triple down the 3rd base line?  I suppose it's possible, if the fielders' ranges are very low (the ball rolls into the left field corner, barely remaining fair).  Would have to be pretty rare, though. 

Unfortunately the PbP doesn't mention it going "down the thirdbase line", or "into the corner". That would be believable if it said stuff like that.

The ball journeys straight to 3b and stops, and the PbP literally says triple to third base. I can use my imagination when he gets a double and say to myself that the ball went off his glove, leading to an extra base. But a triple?

I also once had a homerun hit that went completely foul into the stands and never went much past 1B bag. These types of things don't bother me much though because I know every game has weird things that happen once in a great while. But I sure hope I don't see many more triples to the infield :)
Nth Power

Post by Nth Power »

I've seen a lot of "2B to first" and third.  I treat it as going down the line to make it more logical, even though the ball animation doesn't reflect it.
puresimmer

Post by puresimmer »

Yea the PBP could be improved in some of those cases. It really means it got down the line.
Developer, PureSim Baseball
looneyluden

Post by looneyluden »

ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Yea the PBP could be improved in some of those cases. It really means it got down the line.

Thanks for the info.[8D] I probably need to look at my 3B's defense ratings. Maybe his are lower, leading to a higher occurence of these.

Return to “Tech Support”