How to take a screen shot?

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

Freddy Fudpucker

How to take a screen shot?

Post by Freddy Fudpucker »

Okay so it's a bit of a dumb question but I'm thinking of maybe writing an aar and can't figure out how to take a screenie. PrtScr nor F11 seem to do so (unless I can't find where the screenie is stored that is). [:o]

Thanks in advance.
Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'. -Capt. E. Blackadder.
bluermonkey

RE: How to take a screen shot?

Post by bluermonkey »

Should work if you press "Print Screen" and then paste the image into Paint, or some other graphics program. This is what I always do.
Freddy Fudpucker

Post by Freddy Fudpucker »

Thanks bluer,

I expected just to find a screenshot in my Matrix directory. I pasted into paint like you said and voila...Cheers. [:)]
Gentlemen, we're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun'. -Capt. E. Blackadder.
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: Freddy Fudpucker

Thanks bluer,

I expected just to find a screenshot in my Matrix directory. I pasted into paint like you said and voila...Cheers. [:)]
Under advanced options, there is also a 'movies' option that will take two snapshots of the map at the end of every turn. They're the small 3d and the microview views.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
Silvanski

Post by Silvanski »

Under advanced options, there is also a 'movies' option that will take two snapshots of the map at the end of every turn. They're the small 3d and the microview views.

These are saved as huge BMP files ... You can convert them to GIF with a program like IrfanView so they take up less space.
The TOAW Redux Dude

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”