Infantry leader Unit in front of tank

Post bug reports, technical support request and store or installation issue reports here.

Moderator: koiosworks

Armybrat

Infantry leader Unit in front of tank

Post by Armybrat »

I placed an Infantry leader unit right in front of a tank. The leader unit and that one tank have not moved for two turns. The rest of the members of the units are moving.

Where do I send the log and the save game file?? It will not let me uploade the log file.
Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together - what do you get? The sum of their fears - Winston Churchill
koiosworks

RE: Infantry leader Unit in front of tank

Post by koiosworks »

they are probably in gridlock in some unresolved collision detection. you should be able to get them moving by giving a new movement path to one of the units that doesn't take it through the guy blocking him.

thanks!
Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

Sent the log and gamesave. I agree, but I wanted to see if the tank would go around the unit or run them over. Instead they seem to be have a drink together. I will try your solution.
Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together - what do you get? The sum of their fears - Winston Churchill
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I've seen something like this happen, but rarely. Usually they sort it out after a turn. Was there a lot of blocking terrain involved? Generally, the suggestion of replotting them will sort it out right away.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

They were on open terrain. It continued for three turns without moving. It was just the one tank of the unit and the one leader squad of the infantry unit. The rest of the tanks of the tank sqaud moved are normal and the rest of the infantry sqauds of the infantry unit moved as normal.

When I changed the direction of the tank and the infantry unit, they both moved. I did not change their orders for the first three turns.
tc237

Post by tc237 »

This happened to me also but between two tanks, one tank was left far behind it's platoon.

Because you can't give orders to individual vehicles it took a long time to rejoin the platoon.
The lost tank could only move along the same azimuth and distance in which his platoon leader moved.
So if the PL was issued an order to move 50m east, the lost tank (500m to the south) also only moved 50m east.

Maybe we can have an "override" function for seperated units.
Some people might use it to micromanage their entire force but that's their problem. I like the "platoon" concept.

FeurerKrieg

Post by FeurerKrieg »

ORIGINAL: tc237

Because you can't give orders to individual vehicles it took a long time to rejoin the platoon.

You can give sub-orders to each unit. Once you have ordered the platoon leader to 'Advance' (or rush or whatever), you can click on the individual units and tell them to advance to specific places.
Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
tc237

Post by tc237 »

OK thanks!

Return to “Panzer Command Support”