Serenity, The Movie...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Brady

Serenity, The Movie...

Post by Brady »

I just love this move, and series, anyone know if they plan on making another Movie?

[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
Raverdave

RE: Serenity, The Movie...

Post by Raverdave »

Yeah me too....I first found the series through a friend, and bought it the DVD set, then I bought the movie.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I would dearly LOVE to see another movie or a rebirth of the Firefly series. I just fell in love with the characters and ahve the entire series plus the Serenity Movie.

Here's hoping... I know that people are trying to market the idea. I've signed several petitions (not that they will do any good, but I did my 2 cents worth).
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Firefly and Crusade (Babylon 5 spin off) are the two series that should have never been cancelled. They should of have had at least a 5 year span.
Brady

Post by Brady »

I have watched the series(rented it) and have watched Serenity the move at least 10 times, and Intend to buy both, I realy dont understand why they did not last on TV, such a great show. Perhaps Sci Fi will revive it...???[:)]
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Obi-wan Kenobi said it best: A lot of the reality we perceive depend on our point of view
trojan58

Post by trojan58 »

Probably the best Sci Fi movie of the last 10 years totally screwed by bad (or worse) advertising
There are two types of ships in the world

Submarines and Targets

D.B.F
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Dunno why some very good series are shot down on first season. CI5 - The New Professionals is at least as good as The (old) Professionals but it had less than 20 episodes and now Firefly... [:-]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

ORIGINAL: trojan

Probably the best Sci Fi movie of the last 10 years totally screwed by bad (or worse) advertising

I have to agree with you. If it hadn't been for a lucky find while browsing NetFlix, I would never have heard of the series or the movie! I got the movie and found out about the series, then got the 4 DVD's to fill in the back story from Serenity.

Firefly/Serenity is one of those rare productions that leaves an ache in your heart when they finally end... and a longing to have just "one more" adventure with this wonderful cast and writer.

I sincerely hope for Sci-Fi (or anyone!) to pick up this franchise. [&o][&o][&o]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
Rainbow7

Post by Rainbow7 »

I caught one episode part way through its initial run, and I only watched 10 minutes of it ... thought it was a cheap sci-fi series, like so many of them are. But it was rave reviews of the series when it came out on DVD (and a low price tag) that got me into it. And man, do I ever love it now. I understand what you mean about that 'ache in the heart.' I loved this show, and the movie.
Troubles overcome are good to tell. -Yiddish saying
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Saw movie yesterday and it rocks! It ties up some of the storylines, has good visuals but also some silly stuff. Like when River beats Jayne and several others in bar fight. It was obvious from serie that River is some superhuman, but when scared little girl suddenly turns out to be better killer than Riddick (pun intended), manuscript writers have lost sense of credibility! Otherwise I recommend movie for all fans of serie.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

ORIGINAL: jamesm

Firefly and Crusade (Babylon 5 spin off) are the two series that should have never been cancelled. They should of have had at least a 5 year span.

I can't agree with the second. I was a total B5 addict (and have the whole lot on DVD), but I thought Crusade was absolute rubbish in comparison. Weak characters, awful plots and even the special effects were worse. Sort of a feeble Star Trek imitation stuck in the B5 universe. Yuk.
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

Fox executives really blew the introduction by showing the Train Robbery episode because it had a lot of shoot em up to it.  The pilot was not shown until almost midway through its run and many viewers could not understand why therse charecters were together on the ship and what their stories were.  I think it aso was bumbed during the World Series which never helps a new show.

Keep Flying
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Fox messed up Firefly by airing it out of sequence, but there are hopes that the Sci Fi Channel will revive it.

The movie was pretty good.
Ron Belcher

Post by Ron Belcher »

I'm a dedicated Browncoat too!  I bought 2 sets of both the series on DVD box set and the movie, Serenity.  I gave one set of each
to a good friend of mine! 

"...can't stop the Signal !"
Artwork graciously provided by Rogueusmc
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Ah, but do you have Serenity on DVD-HD?  It looks very nice!
Brady

Post by Brady »

But if Fox owns the rights I wounder if, they can do Sci Fi, what with Fox having it's own Chanel and all....?
[center]Image[/center]

Beta Team Member for:

WPO
PC
CF
AE
WiTE

Viper6

Post by Viper6 »

Fox aired The Train Job first becouse they wanted more of a shoot-em-up action type of series anyway, in the end what Joss Whedon wanted to do with Firefly was not really what Fox had in mind for the series; so they pulled the plug.

SciFi has already bought the re-run rights for the origonal series (they ran them almost constantly before the movie cam out), and acording the the rumers were waiting to see how well the movie did at the box office to determin if they wanted to pick it up as a series. SciFi does has a reputation of taking supposedly dead series from other channels and reviving them. Thier current biggest money maker, Stargate, is one of the better examples. Serenity the movie (why did they give the movie the same name as the pilot?) however did not do very well at the box office at all, and so far nothing has happend at SciFi ...

There is also a rumer that the origonal contract for the movie was for 2 sequals, but in light of Serenity's box office failier I'm not sure if that will happen or not.

Just things I've picked up ... also a dedicated Firefly fan, honestly it's better than any other sci-fi show out there, including Star Trek. The movie was alright, though they tried to sell it as a big action movie which was a mistake, Whedon really is better at wrighting and directing for television though.
Alex Clark - Viper
Flashpoint Germany Beta Test Team
Flashpoint Middle East Beta Test Team

Supervising Lighting and Sound Technician,
University of Minnesota, Morris
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Viper6

Fox aired The Train Job first becouse they wanted more of a shoot-em-up action type of series anyway
What the Hell those guys were smoking? In Firefly was action in every episode unlike in Star Trek The Next Generation. TNG is still great despite lack of action (episode Offspring is GREAT!)

MekWars
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

The series was good, just had the great misfortune to be aired in the worst time slot possible. Anything would have died in the timeslot it was given.

The movie was the best thing to grace the scifi scene since the first Star Wars film. Unequalled film. But one stellar film might not be enough to salvage the interest in the series. Too bad.

It's not like the scifi loving public has nothing to watch, and that's the hurdle.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
carnifex

Post by carnifex »

It's good the series ended when it did.  As a matter of fact I would have cut out one or two episodes out of the original run, because they slowed down the main plot.   Firefly/Serenity works better as a miniseries than a regular multi-season episodic show imho.   Less is more.   If the show ran three seasons or something the plot would have gotten tired and the characters stale and the series would have fizzled out like so many others, but this way it's nice and compact and you don't need to sit through a lot of nearly-worthless content to get to the gems.

Return to “General Discussion”