Question regarding supplies -SPOILER Malta scenario-

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

GoodGuy

Question regarding supplies -SPOILER Malta scenario-

Post by GoodGuy »

Pls check this screenshot. I'm on Day 5 of the Malta scenario, and I just checked the supply with basics (water + food, right?).

99% of my paras (on the entire MAP, not just the ones on this screenshot) have NO basics (brown = ZERO basics), and I'd love to know when the fellow supply trucks will decide to bring in some basics. [:D] My paras must be thirsty by now, since they didn't receive anything for a couple of days. I told 'em not to drink sea water though ![8|]

Furthermore, 90% of the mortar units didn't receive mortar ammo for days. I've been uber-protective when it came to secure road networks, so that couldn't be the problem. Is that a question of supply-priorities within the game?

----

You can see 2 supply bases at the south (red X) just sitting on plenty of basics, but they wouldn't spare it. How come? Is it necessary at all, I mean, is the distribution rather a theoretical process that's running in the background now, so that basics don't have to be displayed anymore, as far as the supply lines are secure?

The GJ Bns in the east are the only troops who've got enough Basics.....they arrived way later.

Also, when I put 2 units on the enemy SEP (red square), the enemy HQ offered to surrender immediately (I reloaded a savegame to reproduce it, then I took a sneak peek in the scenMaker to verify that I found the Allied SEP, so I wasn't cheating initially! :p).
That's a bit surprising, as there seemed to appear fresh enemy forces in the south-east corner of Malta hrs ago. Is the enemy AI pissed 'coz I occupied the SEP?[;)]

Attachments
screenie.jpg
screenie.jpg (110.83 KiB) Viewed 54 times
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
GoodGuy

RE: Question regarding supplies -SPOILER Malta scenario-

Post by GoodGuy »

*bump*
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

re SEP and surrender. No there is no code that directly influences surrender when you occupy an SEP. This usually occurs when the enemy AI assesses that it is not feasible for it to secure its objectives or its casualty level is so high.

re supplies not getting through. Can you please send me a saved game and ensure you include a note in the email saying what this refers to ( a hyperlink to this thread would be great ) [:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
KG AGCent

Post by KG AGCent »

I have had the same issue with supplies. After day one on the 9 day Malta Scenario and also after day 1 on the Crete scenario through the end of the 9 day campaign. I had 90% of my force with ZERO basics, Supply bases with ZERO basics, the exception being late arrivals. I had a couple supply convoys intercepted with 8,9, or 12% casualties but nothing other than that.
Retired Commander of -

KampfGruppe - Wargaming Since 1998
benway9

Post by benway9 »

is this why my troops are always terribly fatigued?  i've played both malta and crete, and fatigue is always a big problem.

simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Running out of "basics" supply has a significant effect on ther fatigue levels of your troops. They can rest all night and still not be too happy about getting back to the fight in the morning.

I have noticed the same thing - there never seems to be enough basic supply. I'm not ready to become indignant about it though - The same thing must have frustrated the real commanders.
simovitch

Agema

Post by Agema »

Lack of supplies was a pretty basic problem for airborne operations, I think.

In the case of the British at Arnhem, I think there were stories of desperately needed supply crates landing and being full of... berets.
Conflux

Post by Conflux »

Hi guys sorry this is a very quick post but I've just being playing Tanks at Platamon and had the same prob with the NZ Bn not having any supplies. A quick check in the scen editor showed that their supply base was subordinate to the Brigade, not the Bn - as a result they got nothing as the Bde HQ is not in the scenario. A quick mod resubordinating the Bde supply base to the Bn instead of the Bde resolved the issue and all was ok. Maybe you should check this out in your scenarios and see who the supply base is subordinated to?

Sorry I haven't checked this myself with the Malta scens but I've just got rush off (shouldn't have been playing this anyway!). Also should have posted this in the bug thread but will do that tomorrow when I've got more time (like when I'm at work!)

Hope this points you in the right direction

Regards
Martin
KG AGCent

Post by KG AGCent »

Day 3 on the Maleme Operation. No supplies ANYWHERE to be had... nothing available in the Supply depots, nothing availab;e at HQ and units themselves are dry...
Attachments
SupplyonCrete.jpg
SupplyonCrete.jpg (153.78 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Retired Commander of -

KampfGruppe - Wargaming Since 1998

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”