Conquest of the Aegean Has Been Released!

Prepare yourself for a wargaming tour-de-force! Conquest of the Aegean is the next generation of the award-winning and revolutionary Airborne Assault series and it takes brigade to corps-level warfare to a whole new level. Realism and accuracy are the watchwords as this pausable continuous time design allows you to command at any echelon, with smart AI subordinates and an incredibly challenging AI.

Moderator: Arjuna

Alex Fiedler

Conquest of the Aegean Has Been Released!

Post by Alex Fiedler »

Pack Those ‘Chutes, This Is The Real Thing!

Matrix Games and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are proud to announce that Conquest of the Aegean is now available for sale via the Matrix Games Online Store for a digital download price of US $49.99. Boxed copies will be available next week.

Panther Games continues its award winning Airborne Assault series with Conquest of the Aegean. Before Hitler attacked Russia, he unleashed the bestiary of his German blitzkrieg on Allied forces in the Aegean peninsula. Swift moving panzer formations, efficiently ruthless motorized infantry, elite paratroops and mountain troops, airpower and more - the might of the German military at its peak. His army swept over the Hellenic world toward Athens, the ancient seat of civilization.

David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games, said, “The release of Conquest of the Aegean really raises the realism bar for operational wargaming. In addition to being a great game, the approach it takes to historical accuracy in both research and results is second to none.”

The Airborne Assault series has revolutionized wargaming with a continuous-time-game-engine that brings military strategy to life in a deeply realistic yet supremely playable game environment. Highway to the Reich, the previous game in the series, earned an 89% rating from PC Gamer, 8.1/10 from GameSpot and 4/5 from GameSpy for its realistic and elegant gameplay.

Dave O’Connor of Panther Games said, “We’re very excited about the release of Conquest of the Aegean and the improvements we’ve built into the engine since Highway to the Reich. We believe the Matrix Games Community will love the results

In Conquest of the Aegean, players get to take on the role of either the Allied or German commanders and pit their wits against either a computer controlled opponent or a human opponent via LAN or the internet.

Play as the Allies in a desperate fight to maintain a foothold on the southern flank of Europe using the mountainous Greek terrain to achieve concealment and surprise. Or fight as the Axis, driving hard achieve a quick victory with minimal losses.

Battles in the game cover the Greco-Italian War, the German Invasion of Greece, the German Invasion of Crete, a fictional scenario for the Invasion of Malta by Axis forces, and numerous other "what if" scenarios that will allow you to reshape history.

Features Include:
• Improved AI, Smarter both as an opponent and when executing your orders, including:
o Force Allocation
o Reaction and Reassessment
o Formation code
o Retreat code
• Realistic Resupply System
• Mixed Mode Movement and Slope Effects
• New Equipment and Units from Italy, Germany, Greece, Crete, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Malta and Free France
• Over 20 new maps!
• Over 30 new scenarios!
• Realistic Delay and Withdraw Tasks
• Exit Tasks
• Linked Tasks
• Map Improvements
• Enhanced Interface, including:
o Order of Battle display
o Display Tool Bar
o New Planning Tools
o Message Log and filters
o SOP History Log
o Enhanced Terrain popup
o Improved Data displays
• Additional Weather Patterns and Detailed Weather Modeling
• Over 1,000 new Estabs
• Force List Export/Import
• Mod-able Victory Messages
• Mod-able Terrain Key
• ... and many more!
Erik Rutins

RE: Conquest of the Aegean Has Been Released!

Post by Erik Rutins »

Just posting to report that boxed copies of COTA are now available in our Online Store.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Beauty Erik. Thanks,[:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

I was pleasantly surpised when the game arrived this morning, it came in a DVD case!

Thank you!

Misty99

Post by Misty99 »

Hi

I bought COTA a few days ago and I like it. But I have to learn it, because there are so many changes since RDOA.
I think, if you had a German and a French version too, you could sell a lot more copies here in Europe. At least the PDF manuals should be in French and German too.
A few month ago, I showed RDOA to a french collegue. He was very exited, but he said. "I could never play this, because its in English."
There is a problem too. The most Germans dont like to shop online in foreign countries and pay with their credit cards. CC are not so popular as in the US. Cash on delivery is common in Germany. It would be best to sell it from a German located online shop to boost your sales here.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Misty,

Point taken. However, we have been burnt with retail sales previously - we had to wait nine months to get any money out them in the USA. So at this stage it's online sales only.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

ORIGINAL: Misty
There is a problem too. The most Germans dont like to shop online in foreign countries and pay with their credit cards. CC are not so popular as in the US. Cash on delivery is common in Germany.

You do not need a credit card to purchase in our online store:

We also accept PayPal, Checks, Money Orders and Wire Transfers.
NIB

Post by NIB »

Before Hitler attacked Russia, he unleashed the bestiary of his German blitzkrieg on Allied forces in the Aegean peninsula

It would be nice, before writing a press release, to learn some basic geography, especially since you are making(or publishing) a "historical" strategy game. Aegean isnt a peninsula, aegean is a sea(see wikipedia). Also according to wikipedia, a peninsula is "a geographical formation consisting of an extension of land from a larger body, surrounded by water on three sides". So aegean <> peninsula.
RayWolfe

Post by RayWolfe »

Gosh!
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

NIB,
&nbsp;
Where did you see that text?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

He is quoting the first post by Alex.

NIB's logic is faulty though - and there is nothing wrong with the geographical term 'Aegean Peninsula' to describe the southern Balkan region where Greece is located.
simovitch

TheJoat

Post by TheJoat »

It would appear that "Aegean peninsula" is quite a common term....listed in Social Studies texts, travel brochures, and other sites across the net...
Bruce
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

It's a term used often to describe the collective regions of Greece in the period that preceded the name of "Greece" actually existing.&nbsp; So, think of&nbsp;Darius (the invader), Philip of Macedon, Alexander the Great, Spartans, all the great battles and all the great philosphers and the shining age of "Greek" culture.&nbsp;
&nbsp;
I rather like the association for COTA.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Fair enough. We'll let it stand.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Ellinas

Post by Ellinas »

There is no Aegean peniscula. Only Aegean sea and Aemos (Balkan) peniscula [:'(].
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

Well, in fact, there are many peninsulas on the greek side, like the Sithonia peninsula or Athos peninsula (Chalkidiki penins., 170 km from Thessaloniki), and many others - there are countless peninsulas......
......on the turkish side the Bodrum penins., Datca {(Datga) with an additional mini-peninsula at the western tip - an isle that was joined with the peninsula at Knidos, by building a causeway}, Cesme peninsula etc......

Some ppl view things on a bigger scale, describing Italy and maybe even Spain/Portugal as peninsulas as well, with the Greek peninsula being the easternmost one. The term "Balkan peninsula" would be the bettter one here, though, as it extends to -> the south tip of the Adriatic sea, to Mediterranean sea and to Agean sea.
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Actually, if we are going to be pedantic (and that appears to be the attempt of a couple of people here), I don't see anyone mentioning an Aegean peniscula...they are suggesting, though, that there is an Aegean peninsula. And I think you'll find that there is no such geographical location known as the Aemos (Balkan) peniscula. [:'(]
Alba gu' brath
Ellinas

Post by Ellinas »

Do you have a geographical atlas? [:D]
GoodGuy

Post by GoodGuy »

There is....just trust Ellinas, oh and me. [:D]
"Aw Nuts"
General Anthony McAuliffe
December 22nd, 1944
Bastogne

---
"I've always felt that the AA (Alied Assault engine) had the potential to be [....] big."
Tim Stone
8th of August, 2006
Ellinas

Post by Ellinas »

LoL, at the end people from England will teach me that my peniscula doesn't exists.

Return to “Conquest of the Aegean”