Ideal Beginner PBEM Scenarios?

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: JAMiAM, ralphtricky

CSL

Ideal Beginner PBEM Scenarios?

Post by CSL »

I'm looking for a few good and small PBEM scenarios - 10 to 15 turns, with only a few dozen divisions per side.

Any ideas?
~CSL
JAMiAM

RE: Ideal Beginner PBEM Scenarios?

Post by JAMiAM »

ORIGINAL: CSL

I'm looking for a few good and small PBEM scenarios - 10 to 15 turns, with only a few dozen divisions per side.

Any ideas?
I'll toot my own horn here, and suggest that you try my scenario Anonymous Heroics. Use the version found in the Hypothetical Studies folder, since it is balanced for PBEM play. The one that is in the Tutorials folder has been balanced for play with the PO being Red Player One.
nemo69

RE: Ideal Beginner PBEM Scenarios?

Post by nemo69 »

By far not a scientific answer, but mere personal preferences for a starting point in PBEM:
  • Two Weeks in Normandy (in the WWII - Western Front folder): 12 turns, balanced and fun
  • An old timer, Crusader 41 in the Classic TOAW folder, 17 turns and lots of movement warfare in the desert. Fact is, my own first PBEM game.
Fais ce que dois

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”