Still hoping to buy this game.

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

elmerlee

Still hoping to buy this game.

Post by elmerlee »

Been 19 days -- WHO MISSED ME?

In 19 days my last post remained on the first page.

No need to repeat my thoughts.

I'll wait 3 weeks this time.Maybe next patch will have a list of about 40 fixes and more than 5 (as in last patch) will be NEW fixes.

This type effort gives smaller companies a bad reputation.
Scott_WAR

RE: Still hoping to buy this game.

Post by Scott_WAR »

If you dont think the game is going to live up to your expectations, then fine, dont buy it and move along. If you want to wait, thats fine too, wait till its fixed up more, but quit acting like a child about it. Come back, look at what progress has been made, and if its not enough, then move along.

If you must post, say what it is your waiting on specifically, and quit stomping your feet and throwing tantrums. It isnt going to make anything happen any faster, and when and if you do buy the game, it will just make it so that those here who have seen your posts, wont want anything to do with you. Wouldnt it be nice to buy the game, yet be unable to play in a league, because you wont be welcome? Think about it.

If you buy the game, and it doesnt live up to your standards, then come on here and tell why, at least then you will have a clue about what you are talking about.

At least then you will have a right to complain, a right you do not have now.

At least then you will be helping to make the game better by pointing out its REAL flaws, and not the flaws you see floating around in your head.........since you dont actually own the game to know the facts.

nmleague

Post by nmleague »

Its bad that David isnt fixing things as fast as EA, or isnt as responsive, thats sarcasm if you didnt get it. Considereing that most software is now released with bugs, and that most companies either dont fix all the bugs or dont get around to them for months, its a breath of fresh air that some companies, like OOTP and David listen to buyers and try to fix and actually improve their product. In a perfect world all software would be rigorously tested before release to eliminate all bugs, and its pretty clear that this game wasnt tested enough. But given an imperfect world, David and Matrix are fixing problems and listening to us and trying to make meaningful upgrades that will make this a great product. I dont think the posters here are fan boys, everyone acknowledges that the game has problems and weaknesses. But most of us are trying to stay positive and trying to help make this a game that we see it has the potential to be.

Elmerlee this post just reinforces the impressision that most posters here have of you.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Two words...green button
dophin26

Post by dophin26 »

Why not just ban the guy? I don't even have the game, but I'm tired of hearing from him.
Deltadog

Post by Deltadog »

That is what Breeze means by the green button[:D]
Deltadog
Magnum357

Post by Magnum357 »

Ya, just Green button the guy! Solves a lot of problems.
CFL_FAN_7

Post by CFL_FAN_7 »

I dont think his posts are that bad, I think you need tough criticism sometimes, os it can make a better game.
CFL rules!!!
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

Only waited 12 days this time.

I see there have already been posts to THREE topics here since. I'm glad the game is not dead.

What happened to "Eric the Great". Does he no longer attend.
No new updates to the game for over a MONTH.

Who has a good league going I could join?

Maybe I could get a chance to test the game for $40. Or is that offer over? Darn.

Be back in a couple of weeks. Soon I'll be the leading poster in this forum. Never had such an honor.

Another thought.
Maybe Winter is working on "Maximum Shaft" now instead of MF.
Terl

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: elmerlee

Only waited 12 days this time.

I see there have already been posts to THREE topics here since. I'm glad the game is not dead.

What happened to "Eric the Great". Does he no longer attend.
No new updates to the game for over a MONTH.

Who has a good league going I could join?

Maybe I could get a chance to test the game for $40. Or is that offer over? Darn.

Be back in a couple of weeks. Soon I'll be the leading poster in this forum. Never had such an honor.

Another thought.
Maybe Winter is working on "Maximum Shaft" now instead of MF.

Geez, why do you check in here? You are getting quite antagonistic. That last line was uncalled for, IMHO. Many folks are pleased with the game so why not leave them be?
ED#29

Post by ED#29 »

Hey dude, why don't you go back to posting on the Puresim baseball forums. We don't need your ranting about how bad Max football is. Do you even have the game?

Ironically, there was a guy on the Puresim forum ranting how bad that game is. He goes by the name of bittershrew. Are you guys related?

Guys like David Winter and Shaun Sullivan are one-man shows who are trying put out a game for us football/baseball fanatics. They are listening to their customers and are trying to make the best game possible. As Shaun stated in his forum that making Puresim is a sideline job and he's got a family to raise. I can't speak for David, but I think he's in the same situation. They're not EA sports where they have a team of developers and keep shelling out the same game every year. And if you try give the input on how to improve the game, they just brush you aside.

David, I want to say that I appreciate your efforts in making this game. Don't let guys like elmerlee ruin your day. [8D]

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

elmerlee,

Totally uncalled for. David's been working on the third update. He posted the details on it and why it will take much longer than the previous two.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
frunky

Post by frunky »

Elmerlee doesn't know how to read LOL!!!!

and he's blind too cuz people have been posting in the other forums [:D]
These socks were made for walkin
So that's just what I'll do
One of these days these socks
Are gonna make you smell like poo
Deltadog

Post by Deltadog »

I just love that block button. Unfortunately when someone else quotes him I see what he says anyway.
Deltadog
kisner

Post by kisner »

A bit unrelated to the topic, but I was wondering if Max Football is conceived as a game that will have a new version every year or two, like PureSim Baseball, or whether it is offered as a finished game for which only minor, free updates are planned.

I see nothing about the game to indicate that new annual versions are planned, but then again I didn't see any indications on the web site about the baseball game either until PS 2007 was announced.
kisner
Tbird

Post by Tbird »

ORIGINAL: kisner

A bit unrelated to the topic, but I was wondering if Max Football is conceived as a game that will have a new version every year or two, like PureSim Baseball, or whether it is offered as a finished game for which only minor, free updates are planned.

I see nothing about the game to indicate that new annual versions are planned, but then again I didn't see any indications on the web site about the baseball game either until PS 2007 was announced.

I think after this game he's gonna work on a different sports game

But this hasn't been confirmed yet
elmerlee

Post by elmerlee »

Eleven Days. My how time flies. I got word that the fanatics missed me so I came a day early.

Just in time too. I see Mr.Winter is becoming rather agressive in his answers once again. He only has so much time. This is a part time endevor you know. Maybe you can pay with "PART TIME MONEY".Or possibly yen instead of dollars.

So this patch is taking longer. Hmm. Is it a patch or a whole new game. Look for a new and improved version two at a reduced price of about $44.79. This however will be a beta version that you can test.

Glad to see most of the happy=guys (all three) are still at it. However it looks like one is wavering somewhat.

Good luck to Pure-Sim in overcoming this load. It seems rather well done.
zowee77

Post by zowee77 »

Here I have been overseas for several months and yet elmerlee is still here with the same rants. I figured by now you would have been trolling somewhere else. I guess if you have that kind of time on your hands it is easy to continue:)
simmer

Post by simmer »

Elmlee is a geek
Deltadog

Post by Deltadog »

Oh! has he posted again.  It is refreshing to see only the fact that he has been blocked.[:D]
Deltadog

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”