Constant SHOCK attacks at Saipan

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Rainer

RE: Constant SHOCK attacks at Saipan

Post by Rainer »

If "Constant Shock Attacks" are initiated by the program, and you think the attacking forces are NOT overwhelming, then check this:

If Combat Engineering Units (enginers with Assault Value > 0) are present, then these units will NOT be reset by issuing the order to "Bombardement" or "Deliberate Attack". Pressing the "ALL" button will set all combat units accordingly, EXCEPT combat engineer units. Set these units manually to "Defensive Stence" and all be fine.
No unwanted shock attacks anymore (until you bring in those other 4 divisions. Then (what's the ratio? Don't know) the program will take over and initiate those shock attacks again.

Stumbled across this when I attacked Guam with four divisions and one combat engineers unit (the 34st). Knowing that the Japanese had one division plus assorted other units at the place I was surprised to see the "Constant Shock Attack" syndrom again.
After close examination I found what I desribed above.
Hope this will be of value to somebody (sure was for me and the well being of my combat guys out there at Guam).
Cheers
Rainer
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
mogami

Post by mogami »

Hi, strange I've never seen this. I have a 1.801 game going with mixed hexes and no unordered attacks are occuring.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!
Oznoyng

Post by Oznoyng »

ORIGINAL: Mogami

Hi, strange I've never seen this. I have a 1.801 game going with mixed hexes and no unordered attacks are occuring.
I've seen this a dozens of times, but I've only seen one deliberate attack and no shock attacks. Most of the time, the attacks are bombardments (which still ticks me off no end). "Conserve your ammunition til it counts Soldier, or I'll shoot you myself!"
"There is no Black or White, only shades of Grey."
"If you aren't a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem."
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

The Shock Attacks are confirmed by Mod Don Bowen (he says it's an intentioned feature).
The Shock Attacks with a Combat Engineers Unit present occurred recently but I don't think I have the save anymore.
It's not a show stopper at all, just something to be checked.
Cheers
Rainer
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

Return to “Tech Support”