Ordering Mega Campaign

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

dalbrech

Ordering Mega Campaign

Post by dalbrech »

When will I be able to order the SPWAW Mega Campaign> RIght now the products to order page is non functional on your order page.I presume until this is up I will be unable to order the game.If I am wrong on this how Do I order the game!
BTW Thanks for finally finding a way to get SPWAW on CD ROm! Maybe you can start working on a mega Campaign for SPModernWarfare now so it can come out at the same time as SPmodern Warfare and save a lot of us A:An imposibly long download and B. Waiting for it to show up in a magazine.
dalbrech
RUDMINAT

Post by RUDMINAT »

I have been trying to order this as well. I can't believe that no one is checking out this web page.
Paul Vebber

Post by Paul Vebber »

We will make an announcement when it is ready to ship. IT should be a matter of days now...
waynef

Post by waynef »

The ordering page is non-functional because the product is not ready to be sold. Matrix says VERY soon. They are not taking PRE-orders. ;)
"At My Signal...Unleash Hell"
Thanks, Wayne
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

Glad to see the Mega-Campaign release is due soon. ready to roll out the Credit Card...
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Matrix Games Online Store is now Opened. We have put a lot of time and effort into getting the best features and services for everyone here and Internationally. We have gone to great lengths to provide our international customers with cheap and fast shipping options. If you know of a possible better method or have an idea please let us know.

Pre-Orders for Mega Campaign: The Desert Fox 1941 and our Desert Fox T-Shirt are being taken now. Also available is the full register version of Firefight.

To place and an order or check out policies please go to http://www.matrixgames.com/orderonline.asp
O de B

Post by O de B »

Well, thanks for the info. :)
I still find the shipping expensive...
For instance for an order to France the shipping would be $19.15, as expensive as the Mega campaign :(
I don't know the way Battlefront.com manage their shipping but all international orders are only $10 by now, that's half yours ;)
And also just checked the multiple orders.
At battlefront it's $10+$2 per other product in the same shipment.
Here it seems to be $19.15 per item.
So say i order 1 mega campaign and 1 registered Firefight it gives $34.98 for software plus $38.30 for shipping :eek:
(plus Firefight is to be download only ;) why shipping with it ?)
Well, i'm not complaining, everything is new and you need time to put things in order.
Keep up the good work, i'll buy your games anyway ;)
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

HI I Preordered your game but It's going to cost me :confused:

Mega Campaign $19.99
Tax $0.00
Shipping/Handling $27.50
Total $47.49

sigh The shipping/handling is going to cost me more money that the game... this is not GOOD! :mad:
"The conqueror is always a lover of peace; he would prefer to take over our country unopposed." CLAUSEWITZ
Waylander

Post by Waylander »

Well, I just ordered it here in Thailand,
Shipping cost me 44 US$.
Of course for that price you could go to a shop and buy a pristine copy of Daikatana!!.
C'mon Guys, this is the best game out there, you play it everyday for hours and now you are sniffling over a few dollars,

regards
"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terrors. Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival."
Paul Vebber

Post by Paul Vebber »

We thank everyone for their support and are working on finding ways to provide more affordable shipping overseas. We do not have our own shipping deptartment and must work with "solution providers" in that area to do that. Commercial overseas shipping is not as simple as just dropping things in the mail and we have to make sure the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

Bear with us as we work through the options to improve our flexibility and affordability.
moore4807

Post by moore4807 »

Granted the OverSeas folks are getting hammered by the shipping BUT as noted above-we've been pleading for a way to show our support for Matrix.
They aren't making much from the delivery, I looked at UPS and DSL for overseas shipping and its not much over thier posted prices, so handling is pretty squared up cost wise.
I have already pre-ordered my Mega campaign and shirt so I spent the same $40+ bucks "and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt" (just kidding Matrix!)
So unfortuately cough it up folks-we gotta keep this gamers company kickin! :eek:
Spike

Post by Spike »

I'm just bummed I have to pay tax on it! (Especially this time of year, with taxes being due) :(
Jody

Post by Jody »

First I would like to thank all people involved in making SPWAW . I was introduced to it by a friend and consider it the best Wargame around and to top it off it is free Fantastic. Now with the Mega Campaign We are given the chance to pay back those same people for their effort and people are complaining GET A LIFE. I live in Australia and have to pay $80 AUS and would gladly pay more if I was asked I don't make to much money but I will work extra to pay for the enjoyment. So have a few manners and don't complain.

"If you can not handle the Heat STAY out of the Kitchen"
"Up the Gut's, Heaps Of Smoke Don't Spare The Casualties"
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

$44 bucks to Thailand ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Whats it being shipped in.

I recently mailed a cd (with music mp3s on it) to a friend in Australia. The cd cost me .50 cents and the bubble envelope and air mail costs made total mailing costs 3 bucks (Canadian). I sent her the cd just for the heck of it (not to mention enjoying the smiles it gave her).

What I dont know about shipping would fill warehouses, but $44 ??? No game is worth that much shipping, cant be. I love Steel Panthers to death. But $44 ??? It would be easier for me to send a burned copy of the software by ordinary mail methods (if and when I had it). And I am just a private schmuck with no commercial savvy.

Only thing keeping me from burning copies of the Matrix software is a sense of gratitude that it even exists. But something has to be done to cut our foreign pals some slack.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Paul Vebber

Post by Paul Vebber »

Folks, there are SEVERAL different shipping options.

We've siad it many times that right now the shipping software treats each itemas a seperate packe, so be wary buying multiple items at once until we get the shippiing shifteing to a more flexible package.

I just checked the shipping rates to Thialand and got the following:

Select Carrier Service Service Level Rate
USPS Intl Airmail Parcel Post N/A max $12.50
USPS Intl Economy Parcel Post N/A max $21.50
USPS Global Express Mail N/A max $22.00

These are well within the bounds of normal international shipping rates that arrive in a reliable fashion.

Every copy of Mega-campaign you steal from us and give awy is a nail in our coffin and the future of the hobby. That people feel its their "right" to steal from people and only the fact that "we're nice guys" (though you seem to imply that that could change fairly easily) is a prtetty sad statement.

AS long as people feel they have a "right" to software and can pay for it when its convienient to them, niche markets like wargaming are doomed.

Return to “General Discussion”