Now that patch 1.8 is out is there an ETA on CHS 1.8?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and the game editor for WITP.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Tanaka

Now that patch 1.8 is out is there an ETA on CHS 1.8?

Post by Tanaka »

Is it this month? Looking forward to it! [:)]
el cid again

RE: Now that patch 1.8 is out is there an ETA on CHS 1.8?

Post by el cid again »

I heard last night from Andrew the Soviets are finally done - and "it is only data entry now." Last week he estimated a week or two for "packaging". I am not sure if CHS is based on 1.8 however. I think it is based on 1.6, and migrating back towards stock 1.6 in some cases.
I have delayed RHS slightly to base it on 1.8 - because Andrew warned that it is best to convert back towards stock slots - and 1.8 was released a few hours later. It takes a lot of work to convert a mod like CHS - lots of inherited effort went into the data files - and it won't be easy to convert. I do it because I am slightly insane, and the fastest typist on the planet.
treespider

Post by treespider »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Is it this month? Looking forward to it! [:)]

After Soviet data entry is complete...there will be some tweaks to China...then Andrew adds his changes. Hopefully by this time next week but AB is the final arbiter.

Keep in mind either at the same time or shortly thereafter there will also be an experimental CHS to test some ideas a number of us have been kicking around...
Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
timtom

Post by timtom »

ORIGINAL: treespider

some ideas a number of us have been kicking around...

Pray tell [&o]
Where's the Any key?

JSBoomer

Post by JSBoomer »

looking forward to it.[:)]
Jordan S. Bujtas
Deas Gu Cath

sacorsair

Post by sacorsair »

Well it is now this time next week any news on release????
JAMES REX---Birthdays are like Boogers the more you have the harder it is to breath
Andrew Brown

Post by Andrew Brown »

ORIGINAL: sacorsair

Well it is now this time next week any news on release????

Sorry, but I am still waiting for the Soviet data entry to be completed.

Andrew
Information about my WitP map, and CHS, can be found on my WitP website

sacorsair

Post by sacorsair »

Dont be sorry just love playing this Mod want waiting on new version for a PBEM. You do great work and I hope you will continue to do so we all owe you alot.
JAMES REX---Birthdays are like Boogers the more you have the harder it is to breath
Point Luck

Post by Point Luck »

Andrew

Are you going to readjust your ASW settings to compensate for 1.8 changes

Point Luck

Post by Point Luck »

Disregard should have read further Sorry
sacorsair

Post by sacorsair »

any news on time frame?
TheElf

Post by TheElf »

ORIGINAL: sacorsair

any news on time frame?

Soviet data entry is progressing slowly.
IN PERPETUUM SINGULARIS SEDES

Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

I am a real nobody lurker here but here is my negative two cents. Many including myself have been awaiting for what seems years for the combination of a solid standard game and an updated CHS mod with its expanded map. While I sure wouldn't want anybody to stop now in mid stream, it seems sort of silly that such a big deal has been made to include the Soviets who had such a limited impact on the actual war. They being included almost (just almost due to last couple of days in the war) makes a hypothetical game out of this one. Sort of like a WPO. The Jap Fan boys should be going crazy. What's the trade off for them? Maybe you should take another year or two too include the possiblity of the bomb not being dropped and the Japanese finalizing their biological weapons program and delivery systems. When does it end?

Sorry for the intrusion. Carry on.
Sardaukar

Post by Sardaukar »

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

I am a real nobody lurker here but here is my negative two cents. Many including myself have been awaiting for what seems years for the combination of a solid standard game and an updated CHS mod with its expanded map. While I sure wouldn't want anybody to stop now in mid stream, it seems sort of silly that such a big deal has been made to include the Soviets who had such a limited impact on the actual war. They being included almost (just almost due to last couple of days in the war) makes a hypothetical game out of this one. Sort of like a WPO. The Jap Fan boys should be going crazy. What's the trade off for them? Maybe you should take another year or two too include the possiblity of the bomb not being dropped and the Japanese finalizing their biological weapons program and delivery systems. When does it end?

Well, while I play only against AI, I think that Soviet stuff is added to actually allow realistic PBEM play option for Japanese to attack Soviet Union and what they actually had there. In stock and many of the mods Soviet capabilities are way too low and Japan can easily steamroll whole area. At least I think that is the reason they are adding Soviets more correctly...it removes the need for some house rules in PBEM.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

treespider

Post by treespider »

I refer you to my second signature line.

Edit: But to give you a response... a number of players found that it was too easy to defeat the Soviets with OoB provided which is far weaker than their historical OoB....especially in terms of armored units and artillery.
Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Buck Beach

Post by Buck Beach »

I am probably really going to show my ignorance here. Why aren't house rules in a PBEM more preferable to using up a boat load of valuable slots (at least so I thought) creating an Soviet Force just to influance or damper the thought of such Japanese agression. Wouldn't house rules still be needed to prevent the Allied player from taking advantage of the situation?
treespider

Post by treespider »

I am probably really going to show my ignorance here. Why aren't house rules in a PBEM more preferable to using up a boat load of valuable slots (at least so I thought) creating an Soviet Force just to influance or damper the thought of such Japanese agression. Wouldn't house rules still be needed to prevent the Allied player from taking advantage of the situation?

Because some players,playing as Japan, want the option to attack the Soviet Union. So to give them that option the historical Soviet OoB needs to be included to show them why Japan did not attack. House rules aren't needed because the Soviets do not start active and will only become active because of Japanese aggression (crossing the Soviet border with a Japanese ground unit) or in August 1945...which ever happens first.
Here's a link to:

Ron Saueracker

Post by Ron Saueracker »

ORIGINAL: Point Luck

Andrew

Are you going to readjust your ASW settings to compensate for 1.8 changes

Only thing needed is to increase the number of DC racks (adjusting the DC ammo to compensate) to model the fact that more than one DC was dropped per run.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan
akdreemer

Post by akdreemer »

Well this is to let you know that you are not the only one here who feels this way. There should have been a non-enhanced Soviet version first (it might have been released byt now!!). Now I will have to wait for a non enhanced version to appear ( another year??), or create my own, which is what I have been doing in parallel with assisting whenever I can with CHS/RHS.
rockmedic109

Post by rockmedic109 »

I would have prefered a non-enhanced USSR as well. But that is because I play the AI. And {I have to admit} because I would likely be playing the new incarnation already. Unfortunately, it appears that CHS is geared more towards PBEM.

The only time I have had this level of anticipation was when I was awaiting the release of War in the Pacific {and Red Baron II}.

Return to “Scenario Design”