Can't pickup troops

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Chris21wen

Can't pickup troops

Post by Chris21wen »

v1.8 scen 12 Allies
I'm trying to pickup the 1st Aus Corp from Buna and the US 1st corp from Dodobura and transfer them to PM by air. No can do? Air unit reverts to supply after each turm.
Chris21wen

RE: Can't pickup troops

Post by Chris21wen »

Just noticed the other thread on the same subject PM is 8, Buns 3 and Dodobura 6.
mlees

Post by mlees »

What HQ is the 1st AUS Corps assigned to? It's not a restricted one, is it?
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

v1.8 scen 12 Allies
I'm trying to pickup the 1st Aus Corp from Buna and the US 1st corp from Dodobura and transfer them to PM by air. No can do? Air unit reverts to supply after each turm.

What are you trying to pick them up with ? Are 8, 3 and 6 the airbase sizes ?

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
Don Bowen

Post by Don Bowen »

v1.8 scen 12 Allies

I've checked this one out and found a "weakness" in the selection of the Land Unit to pick up.

When you select "Pick Up Troops" the display responds with the first of a list of Land Units that are available for pickup. It looks like the first unit displayed is selected BUT IT IS NOT. You must make a selection by moving the selection list left or right. If you want the first unit, you must move away from it and then back to it in order to select it. Note that the left and right arrows are available even if there is only one land unit available for choice. Even if there is only one you must select it by fiddling with the arrows.

This is most certainly not the best way for this to work. I'll add it to the list of future items. However, there is a workaround (above) so it will not be given a high priority.

MarcA

Post by MarcA »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

v1.8 scen 12 Allies

I've checked this one out and found a "weakness" in the selection of the Land Unit to pick up.

When you select "Pick Up Troops" the display responds with the first of a list of Land Units that are available for pickup. It looks like the first unit displayed is selected BUT IT IS NOT. You must make a selection by moving the selection list left or right. If you want the first unit, you must move away from it and then back to it in order to select it. Note that the left and right arrows are available even if there is only one land unit available for choice. Even if there is only one you must select it by fiddling with the arrows.

This is most certainly not the best way for this to work. I'll add it to the list of future items. However, there is a workaround (above) so it will not be given a high priority.

Now that explains a few things. Thanks for the tip Don.
medicff

Post by medicff »

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

v1.8 scen 12 Allies

That is definately a problem solver!! I have been always stymied by the intermittent air pickup. Thanks[&o]

Return to “Tech Support”