A couple of bugs

Post bug reports, ask for tech support and general requests for help with getting Maximum-Football working in this forum. This is for official support on official versions. Reports based on public beta versions should go in the Public Beta forum.

Moderator: David Winter

Scott_WAR

A couple of bugs

Post by Scott_WAR »

When substituting players, if I sub more than one player before hitting done, it will cause a freeze. If I sub one player then hit done, then another and hit done, after two or three players, it will also freeze up.

Another bug, that I think may have read about, but not sure, and cant find, is the following situation.......

In a league using default 12 man rules, I am playing a game against the CPU, in coaching mode. The clock is winding down and I snap the ball with 1 second left. The play results in a TD. Instead of bringing up the one point or two point PAT menu, my players immediately line up at the 2, when I hit the space bar, the play resulted in an incomplete pass. The quarter ended, and when continued, I was given the choice of standard, punt or FG. I choose FG, thinking this is my PAT. When the kick was good I was given three points, and went to the kickoff menu, and the game continued as normal.
Scott_WAR

RE: A couple of bugs

Post by Scott_WAR »

Another one, while playing in coach mode.

When I call a punt, but dont snap it before time runs out in a quarter, OR when the 2 minute warning happens, the whistle blows, the ball is snapped and the ball is punted. However, when the other team takes possesion, they have the ball 4rth and whatever I had on my punt. Since its the ai , they always punt right back to me.

An easy workaround, is for me to punt rght back, which I do to save the integrity of the game as much as possible. However, its obviously a bug which needs ifxed.

Another one is when I snap the ball on an offensive play right before a quarter runs out, and make positive yardage(I'm assuming here, it was a pass play I completed), the yardage is counted as negative on the screen when it displays the results (In my case a 25 yard completion was diplayed as a -25 yard comletion). I THINK it affects the stats, but it didnt affect the play, I still had a first down and 10 on my next play.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

Another one is when I snap the ball on an offensive play right before a quarter runs out, and make positive yardage(I'm assuming here, it was a pass play I completed), the yardage is counted as negative on the screen when it displays the results (In my case a 25 yard completion was diplayed as a -25 yard comletion). I THINK it affects the stats, but it didnt affect the play, I still had a first down and 10 on my next play.

The game definitely has problems calculating yards to go etc. This is especially true when plays cross the 50 yard line. Did your 25 yard play cross the 50?
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

ORIGINAL: Sonny

The game definitely has problems calculating yards to go etc. This is especially true when plays cross the 50 yard line. Did your 25 yard play cross the 50?

The centre field line has nothing to do with anything. The game doesn't calculate distances based on the field. It calculates distance based on the 3D world units. The fact there is a yardline in the middle of the field doesn't enter in to it.

This problem is likely being caused by the teams switching ends of the field for the quater change before the play is properly calculated when it's over.

I'll take a look at it.

When I call a punt, but dont snap it before time runs out in a quarter, OR when the 2 minute warning happens, the whistle blows, the ball is snapped and the ball is punted.

What build is this with? With .139 the user has to snap the ball on special teams.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

ORIGINAL: David Winter

What build is this with? With .139 the user has to snap the ball on special teams.

Okay.. I took a look at this and yes, in this very specific situation the ball would be put into play. I've fixed the bug so it should be available in the next update beta patch.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
Scott_WAR

Post by Scott_WAR »

The latest official patch. I'm not hitting any button, it snaps on its on right after the whistle blows. Its running the play instead of going back to the huddle. But the play isnt registering as my 4rth down play, so the team that receives the punt is getting the ball with 4rth and whatever I had to go on my 4rth down play.

ANOTHER bug I have found is in my first two games in a league, in coached mode, I have won the coin toss and recieved the ball to start the first half, and still had the ball kicked to me to open the 2nd half.

Return to “Maximum-Football Support”