Harpoon

Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare is the result of decades of development and fan support, resulting in the most comprehensive, realistic, and accurate simulation of modern combined air and naval operations available to the gaming public. New features include, multiplayer support, third party databases, scenario editors, and OVER 300 pre-built scenarios!

Moderator: Harpoon 3

Quark55

Harpoon

Post by Quark55 »

I have been following the devopment of the harpoon games (Harpoon 3 ANW and Harpoon Classic 2005 Commander's Edition (HCCE)) at http://advancedgaming.biz/.

Matrixgames is the publisher for them. When are they going to be released so i can buy them????
ravinhood

RE: Harpoon

Post by ravinhood »

When it's done, just like always. ;)
WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

[;)] Update on our main site:

http://www.matrixgames.com/
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

This quarter, eh? You DO realise that this means before the end of June, right?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Oleg Mastruko

Post by Oleg Mastruko »

I am Matrix Games fanboi if there ever was one, promoting their games wherever I could, defending the company so many times, but this.....

Press Release with no screenshots?? Did I miss something? Let me guess why - because H3 "advanced naval whatever" is still DOS based, ugly, nigh on unplayable, 640 x 480 "ultra realistic" nightmare it has always been?

Sorry to sound so negative guys, but I have been dreaming of proper Windows based modern Harpoon series update for too long to be ready to accept aeons old engine re-sold, yet again, as new product. After H4 debacle - we find ourselves going back to H3 DOS days, basically like 10-15 years back in history - is that desperate or what?

PS Marc you did great job with CD cover though [:D][;)] Makes the game almost buyable.

Oleg
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

Looks like you've got that one pretty close to the target.

From what I've heard on the fringes, this ANW (v3.7) version will be succeeded by a couple of bug fixes (3.8 and 3.9?) before they come out with what you are probably thinking about, currently nick-named, The Next Harpoon.

Until then, ANW is what it is.
Przemcio231

Post by Przemcio231 »

Well i still play Harpoon Commanders Edition 2005 for Windows... nothing like sending 25 Tu-22's ageainst US CVBG [:D][:D][:D] those Kingfish Rule[:D][:D]

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)
hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

I really liked using the Tu-22M and the Tu-22MP that carried the Amos-9 Air-to-Air missile. That was a phenomenal (and lethal) combination!

Although most of the current H3 and HCG databases no longer have this unit, the older datasets still do. Of course, this doesn't mean that someone can't create their own unit, add it to current databases, and see how it works. [:D]

Vampire, vampire, vampire!
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

Hello Everyone

I just wanted to say and I am sorry for the delay in getting the forum open yesterday. As everyone knows its E3 week and it keeps some of us pretty jumping. We will be releasing more information very shortly on the changes you will see in HP3ANW version. This version of HP3ANW will not have any major GUI changes but will add a great new muliplayer feature. As many of you already know will also be releasing a version Harpoon Classic 2005 which we have titled Harpoon Commander's Edition. I have personally enjoyed working with Don Gilman on this project and he has a deep passion for the Harpoon series and its community and fans of the series. Don has some exciting plans and we look forward to working with him.

Matrix is also working on expand its support of the Harpoon community through our forums and making arangements for use of a scenario depot and an opponent registry. I would also like to hear any ideas the community may have in how we can better support the Harpoon community.

David
greg_slith

Post by greg_slith »

Amazing. I was just trying to decide if I should buy this game yesterday and what do you know, it shows up at Matrix. Of course I'll have to wait for the end of the quarter[:)] now.

What will the major differences be between the Commanders edition and the other versions be?

Way to go Matrix! Now give me my Eagle Day, Combat Leader, East/West front etc[&o][&o]
David Heath

Post by David Heath »

The Commander's Edition will be an updated version of Harpoon Classic 2005 and Harpoon 3 Advance Naval Warfare will be updated version of Harpoon 3.

David

Przemcio231

Post by Przemcio231 »

I really liked using the Tu-22M and the Tu-22MP that carried the Amos-9 Air-to-Air missile. That was a phenomenal (and lethal) combination!

Well i never used Tu-22MP's as this is to absurd for me that a Large supersonic bomber is turned into a fighter[:D] any way i always send some EW-Tu-16's when i with sucide Bears Bechind and some Tu-16's to try attacking and drawing some Tomcat's away... and only in the back The Tu-22's lurked and when i had exact fix on the enemy i set my Backfires to Afterburner and hoped that they will lunch sooner then the enemy can get them[:D]

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

Confused about what version this is.

Is it, an update to the original Harpoon 2 (which was an ugly ugly game) or the version being shown to several gaming magazines a couple years ago...updated to 3 d (yes I know I know...eye candy)?

Thanks
sprior

Post by sprior »

Ther are 2 versions here. The first is an update to the original Harpoon. The other (ANW) is Harpoon 3, aka Harpoon 2 with knobs on. The 3d thing was Harpoon 4 which had a long, convoluted history but is now dead.

I'll be buying ANW when it comes out.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
rroberson

Post by rroberson »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Ther are 2 versions here. The first is an update to the original Harpoon. The other (ANW) is Harpoon 3, aka Harpoon 2 with knobs on. The 3d thing was Harpoon 4 which had a long, convoluted history but is now dead.

I'll be buying ANW when it comes out.

So, this is an upgrade of Harpoon 2 from about 10 years ago...that's a relief...the orginal one (though I loved it) was just hard to look at.

hermanhum

Post by hermanhum »

I am a bit confused by your statement. The Harpoon2, Harpoon3, and Harpoon3 ANW systems use vector maps that look like this:

The Harpoon Classic (original) game used a different graphic system. They look like this:

Some folks like one map over the other.

This is just to make it clear to you. The ANW will basically be using the map and interface found with the Harpoon 2 system.
JohnOs

Post by JohnOs »

What Harpoon is those screenshots are from Herman?

John Osborne
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare”