Hero du Hill

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.
Hard Sarge

Hero du Hill

Post by Hard Sarge »

Poland
a Russia Army has invaded our lands, and our forces are elsewheres
the 153 Polish Inf Div (FR) and the 159th Polish Lt Inf Div (FR) are stationed in Krakow, along with a small English Army that is resting from battle

over 50,000 Russian troops head towards what they believe will be a easy battle, and almost from the beginning, there thoughts are proven true, as the English route at the first sounds of gun fire

the two Polish Divs are made of sterner stuff and they are defending there homeland, at first they try to join up, but Russian Cav has them split, and keeps them that way, the 159th after driving off one Div, climbs to the top of a hill and digs in

the 153rd fights off a Div and some Cav and soon is out of ammo, so seeing a gap in the attack, Advances(runs ?) towards a small ville, to see if they can resupply

they make it just ahead of the chasing enemy, and there luck holds as there is ammo in store here, but soon, the Cav forces them to form a Square, while the Inf tries to take pot shots at them

then the Fog comes

the Fog is a blessing for the troops on the hill, there training allows them to see (?) farther then there foes, so when they spot the Russians trying to close in, they can fire and not take any in return, 5 Russian Divs are trying to close on the hill, but time after time, they are driven back by the fire coming from the hill

in the ville, a Cav charge finally breaks though the square, but there luck holds, as it also breaks the Cav, and before the Inf can again get close enough to attack, the 153rd is able to reform

for 3 days and 3 nights the battle raged on, finally the Russian Army had, had enough and slipped away

in Honor of there stand, the 159th Lt will forever onward, be named Hero du Hill, and the 153rd, Hero du Ville

Poland is Proud of the sons they have raised

France is impressed with the Allies they have gained

Grand_Armee

RE: Hero du Hill

Post by Grand_Armee »

Nice story. The Poles are supposed to be some good fighters. I've tried keeping Poland as a protectorate, but it ends up costing too much while they waste too much economy on other things besides food.

I sometimes get tired of DB after DB so often I'll do an initial set up and then let the game finish itself while I go have a smoke. If I get in a position where it looks hopeless, I'll do the same. Were those Brits all militia? I'm amazed time and time again how few regular infantry Britain puts into the field while her scarce manpower is eaten more by building militia.
Naomi

Post by Naomi »

I guess Brits were putting their levies (basically miltia) to the field. I played a Britain game at Bonaparte, and found to my surprise the morale of all British (starting) regular troops hovered around 3.00. Is it way too low? Or was I playing at a level of difficulty that denied me a confident pack of Brits?
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Well, again, I am playing the beta, so....

Poland was a double edged sword before, we fixed a number of bugs that were making the game count them as number provinces instead of protector provinces,now they can feed themself and they don't cost you a arm and a leg to control

IMHO Poland can be the key to winning the war (of course, it can be done with out them, but it makes it a lot easier)

the Brits

from what I have been seeing, the UK does not really send out it's home troops, it makes protectors, and then uses what ever they make

Keep England away from Bavaria and Poland and they are pretty weak in Europe
Grand_Armee

Post by Grand_Armee »

Ach du Lieber! Ohio! May your final vision be a Wolverine victory at the Rose Bowl!
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I would reply with a Polish quote my Aunt taught me

but I don't think it would make it passed the P.C. Crowd

(one thing about the Poles, they are very creative when they tell you what you can do to yourself)

[:-]
Malagant

Post by Malagant »

in Honor of there stand, the 159th Lt will forever onward, be named Hero du Hill, and the 153rd, Hero du Ville

But with the name length restriction, they'll be "Hero du H" and "Hero du V"

[;)]
"La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!"
AvalonHillfan

Post by AvalonHillfan »

In all games, it would be nice to have a function that allows your troops to earn medals for especially impressive deeds. 

Return to “The War Room”