Trouble W/Victory Conditions in Lost Victory

Discuss likes and dislikes, get help and talk about MC tactics, AAR's, etc

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Mapper

Trouble W/Victory Conditions in Lost Victory

Post by Mapper »

I read in these forums that there is a bug in the Mega Campaigns that limits your points when you save and open games. I am playing Lost Victories and finished the first battle (the river crossing) with a score of roughly 2700 to 1100, yet still only obtained a draw.
Is this due to the bug, or does it simply take a wider spread to get a victory? Is there a fix available? (I have the latest patch installed)

Sincerely,

Larry M.
Knu

RE: Trouble W/Victory Conditions in Lost Victory

Post by Knu »

Hi

As no one hasn't answered to you I thought to comment, as I started Lost Victories last week.

I have been saving the game often in the middle of the battle and I have not seen any bugs that would affect the scoring. Those points that you scored seem very consistent to the draw result. I've got even bigger differences with points and still only draw.

The only bug that I have experienced is that the came crashes to desktop regulary before turn 10, usually during the turns 7, 8 and 9.

That's why I have to keep on saving the game as often as possible.

Very annoying...

Kimmo
Major Destruction

Post by Major Destruction »

You need a 3:1 point advantage to score a moderate victory.
The only way to guarantee victory is to reduce your casualties.

In your example of 2700-100 you could either score more kills and gain 600 points for the 3:1 ration or you can reduce your casualties by 200.

One method of reducing your points against score is to rotate out of the front line any infantry squad that has lost 50% of its original strength. Each man casualty scores only one point against you but each squad of 10 men will cost you 30 or more points. When the squad has lost 60% of its strength it stands a very good chance of dispersing the survivors.

So you can see that losing 5 men will cost you 5 points while losing 6 men can cost you 30 points.
They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC
Mapper

Post by Mapper »

Thank you to both of you for answering. I think that I will back up the save files just in case. It is also good to know about the 3 to 1 victory condition and the point stucture in the squads. It would have taken me a bit of trial and error to come up with that!

Mapper

Return to “Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW”