Questions about Peace Score

Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon, the player controls one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, wielding authority over his nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. It is a very thorough simulation of the entire Napoleonic Era - spanning from 1799 to 1820, from the dockyards in Lisbon to the frozen wastes of Holy Mother Russia.

Moderators: ericbabe, Gil R.

ktotwf

Questions about Peace Score

Post by ktotwf »

1. What is the red number next to the country's flag on the diplomatic treaty page? Is the red number the points you have, or the points they have? For example, if I have a red 100 next to France, does that mean they have 100 peace score on me, or that I have 100 peace score on them?

2. How many peace score points does winning a battle give you?

3. What do you guys find the best way to win wars against really faraway countries are? Its wierd when you are Spain to get DOW'd by Russia...
"Just because you can argue better doesn't make you right."
ericbabe

RE: Questions about Peace Score

Post by ericbabe »

The red number is war-casualties caused by the selected nation against the nation with the red number (in units of 100's of strength points). An important consideration by the AI when considering whether to offer to surrender is whether it is suffering disproportionate casualties in a war.

Winning a battle doesn't affect Victory Points directly, though occupying cities does. (I think there's a section in the manual on everything that modifies VP's.) Peace Turns are fixed based on the type of surrender.

Return to “Crown of Glory”