FG, INT, Fumbles... Where are they?

Anything that comes to mind that you would like to see in future versions of Maximum-Football.

Moderator: David Winter

Erad

FG, INT, Fumbles... Where are they?

Post by Erad »

[&:] I have played about a half of season and so far only seen one int. zero fumbles (even when QB gets sacked and see the ball come out it say "incomplete") and feild goals are alaways right down the middle. They should have more of a drift left or right with a higher chance of miss at loger range. When I am playing and get down to atleast the 30 yard line I know I can count on 3 points, where is the drama hoping your kickers kicks the game winning fg, or losing miss?

But to be fair it is a solid stat game, I was waiting for a fb pro replacement and its almost there.

I have waited to post any thing till the game was out and gave it a fair play test. This is what I see as needing.
CFL_FAN_7

RE: FG, INT, Fumbles... Where are they?

Post by CFL_FAN_7 »

be fair it is a solid stat game, I was waiting for a fb pro replacement and it almost there.

-NO int, no fumbles? This came came out with alot of issues
CFL rules!!!
Erad

Post by Erad »

true enough, like I said almost there
CFL_FAN_7

Post by CFL_FAN_7 »

I dont wnat to put down david winter but this game doesn't souind as good as i hoped, but it does have that flexibility.
CFL rules!!!
Erad

Post by Erad »

I payed for the game and tried it and I do like the flexability it is still a bit lacking in areas, but do not let negative post ruin this game for you. If you want flashy graphics buy Madden (coaches clicker), if you want (sorry for comparing) FB Pro stlye game play this is or close to it. I hope the patches come soon and can make this game what it should and can be. Good job David on the first release. (I cant name a game that came out flawless, or evryone agrees on what it should be)
CFL_FAN_7

Post by CFL_FAN_7 »

couldn't have said it better myself, I do have faith in this game but to just jump and spend $40 i'm not so willing. This game's graphics dont look horrible (i don't need fancy graphics jus good enough to see fingers and hands)
CFL rules!!!
gambler

Post by gambler »

I heard a rumor somewhere that the lack of fumbles and INTs was a 'design decision' or something along those lines. I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be the case. I'm one of the 'make it real, even the frustrating parts' crowd. I like defense at least as much as offense, and I want to see my stud defensive linebacker dominate a game with great tackles and forcing turnovers.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

ORIGINAL: gambler

I heard a rumor somewhere that the lack of fumbles and INTs was a 'design decision' or something along those lines. I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be the case. I'm one of the 'make it real, even the frustrating parts' crowd. I like defense at least as much as offense, and I want to see my stud defensive linebacker dominate a game with great tackles and forcing turnovers.

Has anyone tried changing the Hands attribute of players to see if that helps?

I can't see the sense of giving an attribute then hardcoding it in so that it doesn't come into play.

BTW it wasn't a rumor.There's a post somewhere in the forums where Mr.Winters discusses this.
"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

INTs were tweaked in the beta patch. I finally got one in a game.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "
gambler

Post by gambler »

Given that I have players in the 40's handling the ball in my 30's league test and have yet to see a fumble in the PDS testing screen, I'd say that 'Hands' doesn't affect it.. unless fumbles are completely disabled in the testing screen.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Interceptions were scaled back a bit in some of the final beta builds, but it went a bit too far. The new beta patch should resolve that (if you want to download it), and so should the first actual update.
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Still no fumbles though.
Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

Return to “Suggestions / Wishlist”