One and only post

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

rigormorty

One and only post

Post by rigormorty »

So i registered after many years to let my retort be heard. I have followed this games for so long that I dont remember - hell, I know its been quite a while cause I have followed it before my two deployments to the middle east. One thing that I have learned, you can't lie to the consumer.

I had credit card in hand - itching to place my hard earned military buck for a game that I had watched be delayed over and over. I was patient, yes I knew it was a one man job.

But then Matrix entered the picture. I was like "nice" - its getting closer...Man was I wrong.

Today, nor tommorrow, will I use my hard earned buck to buy this game. Yes, we can all argue the time and effort that ol' David has put into this. I applaud him for that. But for the BS that has went on since "Going Gold", I dont applaud anyone. I am appauled. A bug or two? Yes - thats handled with a patch, I'm use to that now.

But trust, now a patch can't fix that. Hey we've gone gold. But not today. Check back tommorrow and I'll push some more info. Hmmm, not today, maybe tommorrow. Well, maybe next week. But let's not update our website, we have gone gold....at least twice a day since missing last Tuesday's release.

Personally, I think the "trolls" of the board have every right. If David would have came out and said simply - "Guys its gonna be a bit longer - I have to work some things out" - my credit card would still be in hand. I've seen the song and dance long enough to understand its a one man job. But Matrix, Erik, and the other loser from admin I'm too tired to look up right now....You alone have lost my money for David.

So flame me - ban me - if I really wanted to become an @$$ on the boards I would just re-register, again and again, and again. But understand this - bugs are fine - being all secretive is not.

And no marketing technique will be able to buy me back. Hope this software does good for David - and hopefully not too many people pirate it. As for Matrix....youve "Gone Gold" in my book

I've gone gold too....
Erik Rutins

RE: One and only post

Post by Erik Rutins »

rigormorty,

With all due respect, if you think we've been secretive, I think you need to visit a few other game companies. I'm sorry you think we've been trying to trick you in some way. Everyone in Matrix knows that we've been taking this day to day, just as we've been posting. Ultimately, you can believe what you want, but the only song and dance here has been the one behind the scenes as we try to get back to "gold" so that we can release.

We have been much more forthcoming with information than most companies in this position would be - the main reason for being vague is that many people don't understand the process and draw the wrong conclusions from it when given too much detail.

Also, we only declared "gone gold" once and when we did, we believed it to be true. Updating the website would be pointless - the announcement went out to all the gaming sites on the net and is posted elsewhere. Also, we feel confident that we remain at the point of an imminent release.

Finally, if you think we'd ban you for criticising us, you need to pay a bit more attention to our other forums as well. With all that said, thanks for your service and I'm sorry we've lost you.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
knightwire

Post by knightwire »

I'm sorry, but this is unbelievable to me.

A sad, sad commentary on a collective masses of consumers.

It's a game. A video game. No one is going to get hurt, or die if it doesn't come out today, or the next day. It's not going to cure AIDS in the third world or cancer abroad. It's just a form of entertainment.

Furthermore, there isn't a sole here that's laid down a single cent for this game. You haven't been outted anything.

I have only been following MF's progress for a little over a year, which isn't too long compared to others. In that time David Winter has gotten hammered by this community. The guy can't win. He's been insulted and ridiculed and nagged constantly. Some of his responses have "hurt people's feelings". My gawd, I marvelled at how tame he was, I would have been far more caustic. Especially if I'd spent as much time as he as trying to finish this task while getting retarded comments from a peanut gallery that has yet to play the game at all!

Now I see this same process again being directed at the folks at Matrix. You berate Eric for not giving you info. He then gives you an estimate of when this product will go out, there was no buffalo nickel - iron clad guarantee given to anyone. When they hit issues with the game (That happens more than not in any software development.) you guys go ape-s**t on Eric about 'lying and misleading and what not". Now he's trying to give you the daily updates you've been screaming for and now it's "What a joke this game is just going to get pushed off day by day".

Give me a break.

I will personally volunteer to take down anyone's email through the PM system here and notify you when the game is available for download. Seriously think about it because the dozen or so people that are apparently put off their cosmic orbit by this game really need to get a grip. Grow up.

knightwire

rigormorty this post is not soley directed at you.
EvNphlo

Post by EvNphlo »

Couldn't have said it better myself. Cheers knightwire!
pslamp32

Post by pslamp32 »

WORD!
aqacommish

Post by aqacommish »

This is a forum for maximum football, not a cure aids forum, therefore people are justified in their complaints. I have only been following for a short time, but lets be real, the way things have been handled are not exactly stellar. If you want to sell a product then you have to deal woth the consumer.......
pslamp32

Post by pslamp32 »

I don't think anyone has a problem with criticism and complaints. The forum has been overrun with trolls. There's a distinct difference.
Richrd

Post by Richrd »

It has been stellar. What all this petulent whining is accomplishing is making sure that Matrix ceases to invite discussion and ideas on upcoming titles. They will announce a game when it is available for purchase. That means that a lot of great ideas will never see the light of day. Thanks.
Richrd
EvNphlo

Post by EvNphlo »

Constructive criticism = good

Pure bitching, and taking pot shots at the devs = bad

That's how I view it anyways. [:D]
Shaggyra

Post by Shaggyra »

all this b!tching about b!tching! wow!

Has everyone turned into some version of a troll?
zowee77

Post by zowee77 »

ORIGINAL: Shaggyra

all this b!tching about b!tching! wow!

Has everyone turned into some version of a troll?
That is the biggest reason why I am getting to the point of not even wanting to post anymore. What is the point in arguing with people that probably will not buy the game anyway. It really does not matter, opinions, speculation etc. the game will come out when it does I will be there to buy it regardless.
DOAsaturn

Post by DOAsaturn »

SSDD
Scotty316

Post by Scotty316 »

ORIGINAL: DOAsaturn

SSDD

Got that right!! [&o]

SSDD!!

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”