Default Uniforms for Custom League

Maximum-Football 2.0 is the latest and greatest release from the acclaimed sports management video game studio, Wintervalley Software. Bringing a whole host of new features like full Xbox 360 controller support, full DirectX 9.0 utilization, and scores of other upgrades and improvements, Maximum-Football 2.0 delivers on gameplay and fun like a bullet pass through double coverage. Like its predecessor, Maximum-Football 2.0 allows players to experience the thrill of managing a team in any league!

Moderator: David Winter

james17

Default Uniforms for Custom League

Post by james17 »

I've been wondering about this: if we design a custom league, what does the program use for uniforms for the teams we create? Or, do we have to design them ourselves as part of the process of setting up the custom league?
james17

RE: Default Uniforms for Custom League

Post by james17 »

Anybody? Help!
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

Below is the default uniforms created for a team when it's first created. Home is red, away is white shirts.

Attachments
SS182272.jpg
SS182272.jpg (98.28 KiB) Viewed 73 times
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
james17

Post by james17 »

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I was hoping to be able to just choose colors without going through a paint program but I guess I'm going to have to learn how to do that.
Marauders

Post by Marauders »

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I was hoping to be able to just choose colors without going through a paint program but I guess I'm going to have to learn how to do that.

Naw, there will most certainly be many custom uniforms to dowload soon enough.

I suspect that someone will just create basic color uniforms.

james17

Post by james17 »

That would be nice!!
Temple

Post by Temple »

I'm hoping my lack of artistic talent won't be too much of a detriment.
David Winter

Post by David Winter »

The Sierra games allowed for changing colours via sliders because of the way they did their players. And, there was really no other way to get custom uniforms into the game.

Because Maximum-Football uniforms are open source graphics, it's very easy to work with much better tools than simple colour sliders and drop them into a folder.
"They're not dolls. They're action figures. Valuable Action figures!"
bassman58

Post by bassman58 »

Don't be intimidated with making your own uniforms. I don't have the artistic gene that most of my family has. I can draw stick figures fairly well. Graphic programs on your PC make creating uniforms pretty easy. Buy or download a program that suits your budget and needs. Adobe PhotoShop is the best and most expensive ($600). Corel Paint Shop Pro is affordable ($90) and what I use. Some programs included with a scanner or digital camera can also be used. There are also programs you can download for free, such as Irfanview or The GIMP. You really need a program that supports layers. Think of layers as transparencies placed one on top of one another. The main color of the uniform is on the lowest layer with stripes or logos placed on layers above the base.

You can buy books for PS or PSP. There are hundreds of websites with information on PS or PSP and Irfanview and The GIMP have sites too. You can purchase older versions of PS or PSP at computer shows or Ebay. Updates for PS and PSP are much cheaper for owners of a previous version. Both PS and PSP have trial versions you can try. Of course this forum will be a good resource.

www.adobe.com
www.corel.com
www.irfanview.com
www.gimp.org
zowee77

Post by zowee77 »

Bassman,

I appreciate all of your help and tutorials and for taking the time out to help guys like me that are not very much of a artist.
football man

Post by football man »

I just recently became aware that this game is finally done! [:)] On this topic of customizing uniforms, I'm now just getting aware and educated as to what I need to do.

My computer came with a program called ArcSoft Photo Impression 4. It looks like it will do some of the things described as part of a "Paint Pro" program.

Is this a suitable program to use for team customizing in Maximum Football?

Is it also capable of creating custom team logos somehow?

Forgive me for the rookie questions. I'm football man, not computer man! [:'(]

Return to “Maximum-Football 2.0”