A long-awaited return.

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

tarendelcymir

A long-awaited return.

Post by tarendelcymir »

Hello everyone, I'm back...or will be shortly. I realize it's been literally years since I was around, but tomorrow I'll be getting interent at home again--hooray!

Anyone still around and able to play the occasional game?
We sometimes catch a window
A glimpse of what's beyond
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
More things than are dreamed about
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
tarendelcymir

RE: A long-awaited return.

Post by tarendelcymir »

So there's no one left, eh? Sad to see.
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Hi tarantel ! You are a bit late to the party [;)]
tarendelcymir

Post by tarendelcymir »

So I see... Well, at least someone came around. Good to see you again (as it were) Larkin.
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained
jvgfanatic

Post by jvgfanatic »

Picked up the game a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately at the same time as a dozen other games :P

Then I ran out of time to play games.

I'm back now...who knows what will happen.
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Real life and too many games took me away for awhile as well - one of those games being Dawn of War.... good AI mod btw Larkin [:D] .... unfortunately the vanilla AI was beating me up pretty well - your mod just kills me out right.. lol

Started up TOS again with a fresh team and been loving it. Been so long since i played even my campaigns look new to me... lol.
Did a few AAR's for friends to show them what the game is like - think i might put them up here on the forums for the few who still visit.. [8D]
Coyote27

Post by Coyote27 »

I'm back too. Hi. :D
-Coyote
asmith094

Post by asmith094 »

Tarendelcymer! Larkin! Coyote! I remember you guys!

I got reminded of ToS earlier today, and figured I'd drop by the forums. Unfortunately due to severe financial issues I still don't have WS... but if anybody's up for a game on 1.4 (if you can find it), I'd be very, very interested. Ya know what, I'd be happy just to have someone to chat with from way back then.

In any case, if anybody's interested in a bit of ToS history...

Ancient ToS1.4 Ladder Rankings

Note my rediculously high win percentage... which would have been much more impressive if I'd played games more often back then.

*sigh* Nostalgia.

--Adam, formerly Firestorm of the pre-WS ToS forums.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Greetings to all who stumbled into this forum. Nice to read a post once in a while.
Coyote27

Post by Coyote27 »

Wow, this forum really got quiet.

If any of you all wanna play sometime soon, hit me up at coyote27 at gmail dot com or on yahoo instant messenger as coyote0027. I'm usually on in the evenings PST(gmt-8).

Cheers!

PS.

Has anyone heard from Hetzer lately?
-Coyote
Hetzzz

Post by Hetzzz »

(scene) A Fleet Carrier heads towards a small speck of light that gradually grows to show itself to be a planet. On closer inspection there seems to be a wound in the largest land mass that glows with the unholy glow of Cherenkov radiation. A scout exits the Carrier and heads for the southern end of the glow. As the scout heads towards the northern (and brightest) end of what appears to be a gigantic series of craters a scene of mass carnage is revealed. Destroyed Titans are strewn everywhere. Most seem to have been killed with Head Shots and the rest have been rendered unidentifable because of CT explosions. At the very end where the Crater is deepest a huge pile of destroyed mechs sit like burnt and twisted tribute to destruction. The scout lands a small tracked sensor carrier and the carrier begins to worm it's way into the center of the mass. The carrier stops when it senses a slight spark of light in the stygian darkness. Hours pass until with a sudden huge crash a slab of Duralloy falls and exposes a Kindly and Gentle old man who's dripping wet with sweat from the hours and hours of welding necessary to free him from his Titan. He pauses, looks directly into the main visual sensor and says. "Igor!" "Yeth Mathuh?" "How many times have I told you that my being a bit bored is not an invitation to attempt my Asassination?" "FourtyTheven Mathuh" (Igor beams) (Hetzer sighs and wonders why nobody gives good Hench any more) "Tell Cook to hold dinner as I plan to bathe before dining"

(Oh come now. You Guyz didn't think I'd be That easy to kill) [:@]
If you can't trust me, who can't you trust
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Good news you are still alive and kicking.

Greetings, Hetz !
Thorgrim

Post by Thorgrim »

Hey Hetz! Welcome back. Good to see you well.
Iceman
CrushU

Post by CrushU »

:)

Hey. I'm returned as well. I think Hetzer may remember me, he trained me in multiple ways of losing. ;)

I did manage to win once, I believe.

And I remember Taren. And of course Thorgrim and Larkin.

Mmm. Feels like coming home. :)

In a semi-related note, I'm working on trying to get a pencil & paper RPG system going for 'Mech style games, not friggin Gundams, but the gritty, un-prettied, utilitarian, blow you to kingdom come MECHS. ... Anyway, anyone interested can give me a shout.

In the meantime. Who wants some? :)
tarendelcymir

Post by tarendelcymir »

ORIGINAL: Hetzzz

(scene) A Fleet Carrier heads towards a small speck of light that gradually grows to show itself to be a planet. On closer inspection there seems to be a wound in the largest land mass that glows with the unholy glow of Cherenkov radiation. A scout exits the Carrier and heads for the southern end of the glow. As the scout heads towards the northern (and brightest) end of what appears to be a gigantic series of craters a scene of mass carnage is revealed. Destroyed Titans are strewn everywhere. Most seem to have been killed with Head Shots and the rest have been rendered unidentifable because of CT explosions. At the very end where the Crater is deepest a huge pile of destroyed mechs sit like burnt and twisted tribute to destruction. The scout lands a small tracked sensor carrier and the carrier begins to worm it's way into the center of the mass. The carrier stops when it senses a slight spark of light in the stygian darkness. Hours pass until with a sudden huge crash a slab of Duralloy falls and exposes a Kindly and Gentle old man who's dripping wet with sweat from the hours and hours of welding necessary to free him from his Titan. He pauses, looks directly into the main visual sensor and says. "Igor!" "Yeth Mathuh?" "How many times have I told you that my being a bit bored is not an invitation to attempt my Asassination?" "FourtyTheven Mathuh" (Igor beams) (Hetzer sighs and wonders why nobody gives good Hench any more) "Tell Cook to hold dinner as I plan to bathe before dining"

(Oh come now. You Guyz didn't think I'd be That easy to kill) [:@]

Hetzer! Man, I'm glad to see you're back. We were worried about you. Sorry it's been so long since I posted...real life kind of got in the way, and I more or less forgot about the game. [:(]

Also, unfortunately, I no longer have WS. Sigh.
Was it just imagination
Stringing us along?
Unseen and unexplained
We suspend our disbelief
And we are entertained

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”