WC 2005 Blitz Edition

Hook up with worthy adversaries for PBEM and on-line play. Revel in your glorious victories and taunt wimpy losers.

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

JediMessiah

RE: WC 2005 Blitz Edition

Post by JediMessiah »

heya,

i recently added h2h to my installs

i now have 8.3 and h2h

i won my first game, do i have another opponent?

ill play either version, though im starting to lopve h2h

-jedi
"Karate means never having to say you're sorry"
-E. Andrew Kovich
Korpraali V

Post by Korpraali V »

My first game was canceled when my opponent disappeared. Don't know what to do about the tournament. Haven't seen anybody around here for awhile.
patriot100

Post by patriot100 »

Sorry to see that this tournament seems to have stalled. I started a Steel Panthers tournament page at
http://sptournament.blogspot.com. If anyone wants to continue on from there, and start a new tournament, you are all welcome to try it from there.
Tyrson

Post by Tyrson »

THis could work better if we used TeamSpeak, or any of the VOI to comm.
T out
patriot100

Post by patriot100 »

Not a bad idea. It sometimes gets confusing following the results and the flow of the tournament here. I am planning to set up brackets that everyone will be able to view, so that it will be clear who will play who next. The VOIP idea is not bad. As long as people find some way to communicate and keep in touch, a world cup or tournament would work. I played in the world cup here a couple of years ago, and thought it was a lot of fun. I did not have time to play in this year's tournament. Hopefully it will continue. In the meantime, I am moving ahead with a new SPWaW tournament for 2006.

http://sptournament.blogspot.com
Tyrson

Post by Tyrson »

I'm not sure if people know this or not but you can load designed maps for ip games, what this does is allow various battle fields to be made up ie. a desert, jungle etc. thus everyone is playing on the same turf.
As far as tracking games we could use an unused steel panthers ladder for that. As for VOI with the TeamSpeak free servers anyone can make a channel, that way we can a constant channel , whoever gets on first makes the channel.

This method would work better for ip games which are quite easy to set up using VOI as its live comm.
patriot100

Post by patriot100 »

I guess you could play a number of turns this way. I think with many people's schedules, it is always hard to play a lot of head to head battles, due to the long time it takes to complete. PBEM allows a little of a slice of time to complete. It would speed some battles up for those who have the time to use the Team Speak system. I have heard of the use of VOIP for games. I am not familiar with the TeamSpeak system ,but I will take a look at it. I am still welcoming anyone to the 2006 SPWaW tournament at http://sptournament.blogspot.com/. So far, I have one person signed up. That is good considering I just opened registration. Anyone can register up until the last day of January. Send an email to steveblog@fuse.net to sign up.
Ironfist738

Post by Ironfist738 »

Anyone have any ideal who Finally Won WC 2005 ????

Attachments
Tryingto..aPlane.jpg
Tryingto..aPlane.jpg (28.45 KiB) Viewed 222 times
SpWaW Game Veteran since 1991
patriot100

Post by patriot100 »

I think the tournament died. I tried to start an alternate one at http://sptournament.blogspot.com/

but I have only had one signup. After March 1st, I plan on shutting down my tournament if no one is interested. I will move on to bigger and better things I guess. It is a shame to see the demise of the World Cup. I guess the tournament interest is waning.
VikingNo2

Post by VikingNo2 »

we never finished
patriot100

Post by patriot100 »

That is too bad. I guess if anyone knows where it left off, it could be resumed.
Ironfist738

Post by Ironfist738 »

As far as I can tell Viking II has two wins, I had a win and a loss. I dont see any other postings of Players. WC was single alimination. I would say Viking II is the Winner. He Kicks Ass!!! Here is the listings of Opponents and scores from the thread. I updated them from the postings. The only game scores missing is Willy vs Korpaali V 2nd Round and Jedimessiahs opponent from Round one. It may have been Double Duce but I'm not sure. I also see several others posted but not listed. Who knows??? anyone's guess ???? Here is the Listings ..[&o]

SPWAW World Cup 2005 Blitz Edition
----------------------------------

Open to the first 10 players who sign up. Nation, time and place of the battle along with any constraints (e.g. 10% arty,

no air etc) are up to the players. This is a playoff system so if you lose ... you lose.

The winner will get a prize

1st round list:
--------------
Red2 vs Ironfist738
VikingNo2 vs SteelPanther
Willy vs MindSpy
Korpraali V vs MrSAS
JediMessiah vs ( unkown )

2nd Round:
--------------
SteelPanther vs JediMessiah
Ironfist738 vs VikingNo2
Willy vs Korpraali V

3rd Round
--------------
VikingNo2 vs ???

VikingNo2..........2
SteelPanther......0
Ironfist738.........1
Red2.................0
Willy..................1
Mindspy.............0
Korpaali.............1
MrSAS...............0
JediMessiah........1
Korpraali V

Post by Korpraali V »

I've had to miss something... In my game against MrSAS he suddenly just disappeared.

I must have somehow missed that I was ought to play against Willy. So our game didn't ever even get started.
Ironfist738

Post by Ironfist738 »

I'm not sure about any of it really ??? I just went back through the postings and tried to sort it out. Red2 was in charge of the tournement. The listings I posted was the best I could figure out where it left off. Korpraali V you won by default in round one, you're opponent left....
Korpraali V

Post by Korpraali V »

2nd round order is ok to me. Do we continue this one or change its name to WC2006?
MindSpy

Post by MindSpy »

ORIGINAL: Korpraali V

2nd round order is ok to me. Do we continue this one or change its name to WC2006?

Hello. You guys should continue it from a convenient point. If for no other reason than to show that things get completed with dedication! Afterall the SP games did not get done overnight!!
I am sure Willy is around and willing. I am spending more and more time on ASLv2 using the Vassal. I believe eventually I will get over the gigagrad [lost 68 gigs of maps/files/images/text scans etc last month and since then I've had trouble feeling anything !!] and begin SP gaming anew.

Oh boy gigagrad!

Gus
MindSpy

Return to “SP:WaW Opponents Wanted”