"Best Game No One Played" Award from IGN

Gary Grigsby's World At War gives you the chance to really run a world war. History is yours to write and things may turn out differently. The Western Allies may be conquered by Germany, or Japan may defeat China. With you at the controls, leading the fates of nations and alliances. Take command in this dynamic turn-based game and test strategies that long-past generals and world leaders could only dream of. Now anything is possible in this new strategic offering from Matrix Games and 2 by 3 Games.

Moderators: Joel Billings, JanSorensen

LarkinVB

"Best Game No One Played" Award from IGN

Post by LarkinVB »

Here is the link !

Why It Rocked: The wargaming market has steadily been losing ground to other genres with more mass appeal. But that doesn't mean that there aren't still developers and publishers who are dedicated to making high quality wargames. Such is the case with Gary Grigsby's World at War, an operational level recreation of the Second World War. Developed by the wargame veterans at 2 by 3 Games, World at War presents loads of depth and detail in an intuitive, comprehensible interface. Players will take charge of either Germany/Italy, Japan, Russia, the Western Allies or China, building new units, researching new technologies and maneuvering the armies, fleets and air forces of their nation across the world. Though moving troops around the map is the easiest part of the game to appreciate, World at War really shines in its excellent simulation of supply and logistics. Though we're not surprised that few mainstream gamers took notice of a title in this genre, World at War definitely deserves to be better known outside wargame circles.
JanSorensen

RE: "Best Game No One Played" Award from IGN

Post by JanSorensen »

Good news - thanks for posting the link.

Lets hope this brings in some more people to play this game - new blood is always good.
dobeln

Post by dobeln »

It's very well-deserved. WaW is easily one of my top games ever. Currently I share my time between GGWaW (Franco mod) and Civ 4 gamewise. :) The more people that find and buy it the better.

(If one thing should be added, it is more pop-up tutorial and help elements. Despite the easily-played design, there are lots of icons, numbers, etc. that it can be difficult to catch up on.)

SeaMonkey

Post by SeaMonkey »

Glad to see someone else appreciates the logistical model other than us Fanboys.

That feature is surely the best yet devised for a game of this scale. Would like to see other games apply the necessary resources to create such an accurate simulation.

Now if we could just get some operational aspects of maneuver and battle to a greater detail this game would be cutting edge.

I might add some specifics for combat organization and unit traits that would also extend its appeal.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Hi, I'm No One, and I was wondering how the hell they knew it was the best game I ever played?
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

Return to “Gary Grigsby's World at War”