HELP!!!TCP/IP starting issue!!!

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Clipper1968

HELP!!!TCP/IP starting issue!!!

Post by Clipper1968 »

My opponent and I are trying to start a game unfortunately we are unable to connect together as it appears that we don't have the same version...How is this possible???[:@][:@][:@]

He first tried to host the game,and I could not connect then I have tryied to host the game,so didn't he manage to connect also.We got a message telling us that the version we get doesn't match and we should have to contact matrix support.
HELP please!!!
"s'instruire pour vaincre"
Lannes

RE: HELP!!!TCP/IP starting issue!!!

Post by Lannes »

Yes it's me, my version is 1.0.0 (17379), I don't know why don't play with pumba1968 ?
Christophe
Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

My version 1.0.0 (14020).
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Matrix released a newer version when people where having problems starting the game. If you are within thirty days of the purchase date, you can download it again.
Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

So I should install a new version...[&:]I have just received the box today,does it contain the latest version???[&:]could anyone confirm please,as I don't want to make another download...[:o]really annoying...
Deride

Post by Deride »

Sorry folks...

In our efforts to try and get a new version up ASAP, we did make a new build of the game. If you have the earlier version (14020), you will need to get an update. (Essentially, we patched the game quickly.) For multiplayer, you must be playing the same version.

Sorry for the annoyance, but we were trying to get folks up and running as soon as possible.

Deride

Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

Thanks Deride for the clarification.[:)]

Unfortunately I am obliged to redownload the game as my CD received today also contains the earlier version...it is completely useless...[:(][:(][:(]

BTW nice game,keep going.[8D]
Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

Where can I get this damned update???[&:]
I have redownloaded through the store and reinstalled the game and unfortunately it is still 14020;at least it is that I can see at the bottom right of the starting screen.[:(][:(][:(]
What should I do to get the latest version???[&:]quite boring...[:@][:@][:@]
Any suggestion is welcome...[&o]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Pumba,

Sorry, I didn't realize this minor exe change would actually affect TCP/IP play or I would have posted this update separately earlier. My schedule is full for tonight but I will make sure to get a separate patch up tomorrow so that you don't have to re-download the game. The version you have is functionally identical and the CD is not useless, the change was a minor one made as a possible way to help folks who were having the Managed DirectX error. Nothing else was changed.

My apologies for the inconvenience, we'll resolve this by tomorrow evening for any affected customers.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

Thanks Erik,I greatly appreciate.[&o][&o][&o]
Just to let you know that it seems the file has not been updated to the 17379 version at least on the Europe store last night...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

That's interesting news which might explain a few things, thanks.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Budge4

Post by Budge4 »

I only just downloaded it again from findmyorder.com a couple of hours ago and its still the 14020 build (with error) as Pumba says.

Budge
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'm working on this now - in the meantime, if you e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com I'll send you the beta update which you can use to make sure you and your opponents are on the same version level. Just please report any problems you may find with it here and also any good results. [8D]

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Budge,
ORIGINAL: Budge4
I only just downloaded it again from findmyorder.com a couple of hours ago and its still the 14020 build (with error) as Pumba says.

I've been checking and the only version I can find in the store is the newer one with the following file name:

TSJuliusCaesar-SetupRelease-v100bDR.exe

Can you please confirm if this is what you have? If not, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number so that I can find out why it would be giving you the wrong download. I can't find any problems with the administrative tools I have for the store so far.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Budge,

I don't see any e-mails in support@matrixgames.com that seem to reference your duplicate order issue. Can you please e-mail me now at erikr@matrixgames.com and re-send your original e-mail to support@matrixgames.com? Thanks and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Budge4

Post by Budge4 »

Erik

Have just downloaded TSJuliusCaesar-SetupRelease-v100bDR.exe from findmyorder.com 10 mins before this was written, the file name is as you say above but have just installed it and it is still showing build 1.0.0 (14020)

Have sent an email to you regarding duplicate purchase of HTTR.

Will now send you an email with order number for Tin Soldiers Julius Caesar included.

Budge
Clipper1968

Post by Clipper1968 »

Budge4,

Have you also purchase the DD + Physical Product as I did?[&:]I am just wondering if this issue only concerns people that have picked up this option...We can not get access to the latest version at all.[:(][:(][:(]
My opponent purchased the game by DD through the Europe store 3 days earlier than me,and he gets the latest version;why is it impossible for me???[&:][>:]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We're going to roll out the new update today, so hang on everyone and you'll all be updated to the same version. I will also have my first chance to talk with the store people this morning about the version issue to make sure that they update all areas to the new version. Thank you for your reports.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Budge4

Post by Budge4 »

I only chose DD version Pumba originally about 2 days after it was released but have downloaded it on numerous occasions since, always getting the 14020 build like you.

Not to worry though looks like it will be sorted out shortly by Erik.

Erik, many thanks for forwarding my request for refund on duplicate HTTR purchase, it has been approved.

I like Matrix Games [:)]

Budge
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks Budge, glad it's been handled. I've gotten to the bottom of the version discrepancy. Apparently part of the update paperwork never made it through internally to DR so www.findmyorder.com, which is tied to the same version as the game on demand, still had the older installer whereas the download version on the store was up to date.

We should have both issues resolved and updated to the upcoming v1.1 level by the end of the week. The v1.1 update should be available today to bring all owners, regardless of previous installer version, up to the v1.1 level.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Tech Support”