Interpretation problem

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

98locko

Interpretation problem

Post by 98locko »

Hi all!!

Well… I’ve been reading your post for a long time and something got to my attention. It was said by Marshall Ellis: “Well there is only 47 pages in the rule book but every line in every page has several interpretations which creates a programming / testing nightmare”. That is completely true. I’ve played over 25 games on the past 12 years and each time is the same thing. We (my friends and I) always finish arguing about a rule that is not clearly explained in the rulebook. So, last game we’ve decided that we would put a stop to it by marking those rules and give them are own interpretation.

The only line of conduct we add was that if we were going to change something, it had to advantage or disadvantage everybody on the map. Was a bit difficult, but after 5 hours, we were able to rectified those “dammmmmm” rules and everybody shook on it.

I’m pretty sure that we are not the first EIA players who did so and I’m also pretty sure that the rules that we’ve modified or changed or pretty much the same that everybody else are arguing about in other EIA groups.

What I’m trying to say here is that you (the developers) must be bug on the same rules that all the other experimented players have experimented. If you’re not to sure we’re to go with a rule, just ask those players to have a direction to go to, just to have some ideas.

At the end you’re the ones that are taking the final decision and like you’ve said Ellis: "You cannot feed just one pigeon" witch if true but with this simple line of conduct: “it has to advantage or disadvantage everybody on the map” every pigeon will be feed and ready to take a sh!t on the next car they’ll see!!!

Thanks for the attention!
Marshall Ellis

RE: Interpretation problem

Post by Marshall Ellis »

98locko:

Well said! Thank God I've got a platoon of seriously experienced testers that will give an intelligently tested interpretation of each of those rules. I've been corrected by these guys on multiple occasions and am forever thankful to them!

I made no mystery to the fact that I'm not a long time EiA veteran of 20 years and consider myself still to be learning the ropes. I'm not trying to scare anybody but just telling the truth!

Three cheers for the testers!

Thank you
Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

ardilla

Post by ardilla »

Ohhhhh yessss 98locko, you spoke the truth brother in arms!!!

[:D]

Santiago y cierra España!!!
Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

Hey all:

Why don't we go one step further and EVERYBODY give me the most controversial rule in standard EIA i.e. the one you gfight the most over...

Thank you
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

Marshall Ellis

Post by Marshall Ellis »

In fact, I'll start a new thread for that...

Thank you
Thank you

Marshall Ellis

98locko

Post by 98locko »

Perfect... I was posting my message so this could eventually happend!!!

hehehe

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”