FOR OFFICIAL SUPPORT, READ THIS MESSAGE

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Erik Rutins

FOR OFFICIAL SUPPORT, READ THIS MESSAGE

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi,

This support board is for gamer to gamer support. If you don't find the answer you are looking for here, please do the following:

1. Check the support forum for the particular product you are having a problem with and look for the answer there. Often posting there can quickly garner answers that resolve many issues.

2. Use our Helpdesk and Knowledge Base for tech support, order support, etc.

Thanks for your interest in our titles and your support of Matrix Games!

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
EdWK

RE: FOR OFFICIAL SUPPORT, READ THIS MESSAGE

Post by EdWK »

I have WW1G and although the downloading seemed straight forward after I discovered I needed to not put the game in C:\Program Files but instead into D:\Matrix Games I cannot get past the screen that has Single Player, MP, Credits and Quit.

Those bars light up but when I click on them nothing happens. I don't get a click noise or anything.

I have Windows 7 and a quad core PC, 64 bit with 400GB RAM and a Nvidia 8800GTS card.

Thanks.

(Btw I have been seeking help on the Unofficial Tech Support forum under problem with WW1G serial number. Initially with the game installed to C:\Program Files I could not get configuration to accept the serial number so I reloaded it as D:\ Matrix Games. That worked and it took the serial number).

EdWK
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
argekay

Post by argekay »

You have a Non-Functioning Helpdesk. Have a read of the following. In the companies I have worked for a Helpdesk that responded in this fashion to a customer would have been REAMED!
----------------------------
Action History : 5 updates
[ 18 JUL 2011 01:35 by argekay ]

Daniel,

Have you heard back from the 'developer' or production' yet?
[ 10 JUL 2011 12:38 by Daniel Heath ]

Hi Richard

It was not a sloppy but more a late hand off. I was pointing you to the game forum since the developer and customers of the game are always there. I will need to wait for the developer or the production to open tomorrow before I can get a reply. I figured it was the weekend and you wanted to play so I directed you there. Also Help Desk is closed on the weekends and normally would not respond until Monday. I was just trying to get you a answer quicker.

I have now sent a message and I get back to you once they let me know.
[ 10 JUL 2011 02:29 by argekay ]

Daniel,

This is a matter directly related to Matrix's software installation and documentation. I think it really inappropriate to direct an enquiry on software installation to a general purpose user Forum. Your response reads like a very sloppy handoff!

Someone in Matrix must know where this tutorial is loaded onto the hard drive (if it is loaded).

I do not accept your response and ask that a proper response be given to a reasonable and (what should be) simple request.

I look forward to a decent response from you.

Richard Kennedy.
[ 10 JUL 2011 02:15 by Daniel Heath ]

Hi

The best place to get help with this would be our forums for this game. You can find them here.

tt.asp?forumid=528
[ 7 JUL 2011 22:08 by argekay ]

Hello,

I've just purchased and installed War in the Pacific - Admiral's Edition.

In the Manual (listed below) I've seen mention of a Tutorial that is loaded onto the hard drive when the game is installed. I've looked but cannot seem to find it. What I do have is the following:

In Manuals Folder:
WITPAE-Editor.pdf
WITP-Manual-[EBOOK].pdf
WITP-Manual-[LIGHT].pdf

In Docs Folder:
MG-Fall06-Catalog-[SCREEN].pdf

Is there somewhere other than the Matrix Games Folder on my hard drive where I should be looking and if so what is the name of the document I should look for.

Many thanks,

Richard.

Hello Members Area, (today, 21 July 2011)
I'm getting a little confused here. Twice I have contacted your Helpdesk. The first time was to ask where the Tutorial, mentioned in the WitpAE Manual, is installed. The response by your Helpdesk was that I should address my question to the Forum.
The second time I contacted the Helpdesk was as follows:

[ 20 JUL 2011 03:45 by Daniel Heath ]

Hi Richard you need to ask this question in the WITP - AE forum. You can find the forum here. tt.asp?forumid=528

[ 20 JUL 2011 00:16 by argekay ]

Hello,

In WitpAE one can view all "active" ships.

Using the WitpAE Editor, "active" ships are shown with an X in the 'active' column.

I have spent the last week searching but am unable to find any instruction on how to make a ship (or any unit) "active" (or, conversely innactive).

On Page 55 of the WitpAE Editor is a note reading:

"2. Active – when a script becomes active units that are not currently assigned to an ‘Active’ script can be assigned or re-assigned."

However, it does not say How this takes place (unless I am missing something.

I would appreciate your assistance.
Many thanks,

Richard.
-----------------------------

Once again, I was told that I "need" to contact the Forum.

I am very disappointed in this process. The forum has lots of interesting banter, comment and information. However it is clearly stated on your Forum that it is an "Unofficial Tech Support by Gamers for Gamers" environment.
If I wanted unofficial support I would have gone there. However, I did not; I wanted two specific questions answered. I did not want to trawl through reams of unrelated and often turgid text in order to get two simple questions answered.
What I see here is a so-called Helpdesk abdicating its function and role with, clearly, no quality monitoring by Matrix Games taking place.
For what you charge for the product I would have expected something radically better.
Terl

Post by Terl »

I understand you are upset but, wow, what you are asking is not "tech" support. You were asking basic gameplay type questions and location of a tutorial. You would have had an answer in minutes had you gone to the forums they suggested. They are extremely helpful to new players.
argekay

Post by argekay »

Our expectations and standards are obviously different.
Daniel Heath

Post by Daniel Heath »

Sir you got to be kidding me. I did not send you to the general support forum but I sent you directly to the game support forum. As I said directly to you I was trying to be extra fast in getting you a reply so you could get back to playing. When this was not good enough for you I went and posted your question in the game forum and got you an answer in hours and then went and posted the answer in your help desk ticket. The fact that you could have done this seems and have been missed. I even explained myself to you so you would understand my thoughts behind my answer. I guess it's true you can't please all the people all the time.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

WoW, You guys at Matrix are the best! [&o] Funny to see someone in obvious need of instant satisfaction thats not American[:D]
blackie2652

Post by blackie2652 »

I just downloaded Steel Panthers-world at war, General's Edition and all the patches. However, I am having a problem with the color. Everything looks pink and red. Can anybody help me fix this?
Hoora
blackie2652

Post by blackie2652 »

Sorry I am running Win 7 on a laptop
Hoora
Josh

Post by Josh »

From the top of my head, since it's been long ago I've played this game, I think it has to do with the settings of your display, try setting your video to 16 bit. (or something like that, if I remember correctly it had to do with the videosettings) It's an old game and can't cope with modern videosettings.
By the way, sorry I reported you as a spammer, I saw only your last post and not the one above that, so my apologies for that. [:(]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
DJTachyon

Post by DJTachyon »

Can't believe I can't post a thread on here for days...
Gaius_Calvus

Post by Gaius_Calvus »

I am trying to submit a Help Desk Ticket for Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem and the text field will not accept inputs - I am stuck.[:@]

Here is the nature of my problem with this recently purchased game:

Game Title: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

When I try and start the game, I get the normal game start-up menu – I click on “Play.” Next, the Matrix Games animation plays, but then the game menu shows up on the left side of my screen, in abstract colors, and is not interactive.
I have downloaded the latest version - v5.60.53
I have a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 8.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Gaius_Calvus

I am trying to submit a Help Desk Ticket for Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem and the text field will not accept inputs - I am stuck.[:@]

Here is the nature of my problem with this recently purchased game:

Game Title: Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

When I try and start the game, I get the normal game start-up menu – I click on “Play.” Next, the Matrix Games animation plays, but then the game menu shows up on the left side of my screen, in abstract colors, and is not interactive.
I have downloaded the latest version - v5.60.53
I have a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 8.
I apologize for the issues you are experiencing.

Please turn on the compatibility view on your Internet Explorer. Once you do that, you'll be able to insert text in the ticket's description box.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/inte ... e-11-win-7
Alternately, use a different Internet browser.

Regarding your issue with Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem, please do the following:

1.Double click on the game desktop icon
2. Click on "Play Close Combat" whilst the same time holding down the “Ctrl” key
3. A Windows box containing the Close Combat options will popup. Press the “General” tab. Tick the option “Windowed”.
4. Select the screen resolution with which you want to play the game. If you want full screen, set the resolution to the one of your desktop resolution (please take a look at the screenshot attached)
5. Press OK to save your configuration and run the game

DeimosRuhk

Post by DeimosRuhk »

Hmmm....

Not sure if I am posting in the right place, but since this thread is active and people seem to be having their needs addressed...

I just recently bought The John Tiller BGCW & BGN bundles. I DL'd them fine, installed them fine, installed the Vista-64 bit Help fine, and I can run the launcher.

However, once I select a scenario all I get is a black screen with a loading cursor. But nothing ever loads.

I DL'd Empires in Arms and followed the same routine - it plays good but I can't watch the smackplay video in the intro. I recall a problem I had with West Front a longtime ago that required me to disable the smackplay, only I don't remember how (not that this is necessarily the issue right now).

Any ideas on how to get these games up and running?
shanehoggard

Post by shanehoggard »

How do you get the combat prediction results box to come up in Gary Grigsby's World at War A World Divided to come up. It was up and working and then just stopped. I did go through the various options menus but have been unable to figure it out. Thanks for any help and have a great day.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

@shanehogfan

Please post your issue in the Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided section forum at:
tt.asp?forumid=314
Stuperduck

Post by Stuperduck »

Hello there,

I recently purchased a hard copy of Close Combat Cross of Iron. It's the best RTS I have ever played and I was really stoked about getting it
In any case, I have downloaded it on my computer and it was running great.
All of a sudden, today when I went to play it, it won't play.
When I hit the desktop icon the "Play game" screen comes up and when I hit "play game" it starts to load up. The screen goes black and everything
but then instead of initializing the game, it stops running and reverts to an icon on the task bar. I have to "end task" the thing.
Essentially, unless you guys can help I just paid fifty bucks for nothing and that would really suck because I really
enjoy CC3.
I tried to just re-install the program but that did nothing as well.
I ran a trouble shoot from by right clicking the desktop icon and hitting the troubleshoot button and it said that there was an application that was
messing up or something like that.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”