Disk do not work

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
Sir Walter

Disk do not work

Post by Sir Walter »

I purchased 5 game backup disk from Matrix. I put them in the computer. windows xp the light comes on and runs but no game? Why?? This is the only game company I have ever bought a game from that does this????Help [:@]Walter
Marc von Martial

RE: Disk do not work

Post by Marc von Martial »

Try browsing the your CD Drive via "My Computer" or "Windows Explorer" and start the setup file manualy.

What kind of backup CDs?

Are you running Virus Scanners in the background?
dean

Post by dean »

I have the same problem with War in the Pacific. The download did not work so I figured I would simply install the CD when it came. I enter the serial number when it says to do so and the serial ID comes back as invalid!!

this is simply unacceptable. particularly given what they are charging for the game.
Sir Walter

Post by Sir Walter »

One disk which does not work is Mega Campaign Desert Fox. I purchased steel panthers at war general edition and it does work with it. Does anyone known where I can get the version of steel panthers it works with. I will try this one disk at this time and go from there if any one can help. Walter kolopajl[:-]
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: dean

I have the same problem with War in the Pacific. The download did not work so I figured I would simply install the CD when it came. I enter the serial number when it says to do so and the serial ID comes back as invalid!!

this is simply unacceptable. particularly given what they are charging for the game.

Please drop us an email to support@matrixgames.com. We will need your order number and the "invalid" serial number too.
Marc von Martial

ORIGINAL: walter kolopajl

One disk which does not work is Mega Campaign Desert Fox. I purchased steel panthers at war general edition and it does work with it. Does anyone known where I can get the version of steel panthers it works with. I will try this one disk at this time and go from there if any one can help. Walter kolopajl[:-]

Hmm, sorry I have to ask again, but I dont really follow you.

You say you have purchased Magacampaing Desert fox and additionally SPWAW Generals Edition? The SPWAW Generals Edition contains all Megacampaings and automatically installs them too. There´s no need to additionally install MC Desert Fox.

Sorry if I misunderstand you.
Sir Walter

Post by Sir Walter »

Dear Sir, I did what you suggested and went to my computer. It worked. Thats when I discovered that I do not need the cd I purchased as they are included in the latest steelpanthers which I just purchased. I do not mean to dog on this company but it is extremely customer unfriendly. Each time I have had to go back to find the e-mail which confirmed my purchase to get the serial number. The disk I purchased have only an order no. on it. no invoice included. Also the ad for sp general edition does not say which campaigns are included. that would have saved me a great deal of money. I purchased both Mega Camp and Desert Fox thank you [:D] Walter kolopajl

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”