Better late then never...

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Zovs

Better late then never...

Post by Zovs »

I just purchased this version (have/had been a long time player of TOAW III), better late then never.

Glad to have it, will be installing it today and trying to 'remember things' (its been six or so years since I played it).

Thanks up front. What sold me was a) the price b) the AAR's of FITE 2
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
larryfulkerson

RE: Better late then never...

Post by larryfulkerson »

What sold me was a) the price b) the AAR's of FITE 2

I'm one of the beta testers so I got it a long time ago for free but however you got it I'm happy for you. There's a fairly sturdy learning curve at first but having played it before you should be fine. Don't hesitate to ask questions. A lot of the community's knowledge base is found in the postings of the forum and IMHO needs to be gathered up like in a Wikipedia where it would be more useful. There's several tips and traps to tell you about, workarounds for extra-features, things that weren't designed to act that way but come in handy, etc.

The AAR's of FITE2 is one of the reasons? Cool. I'm glad it's what you're looking for. First piece of unsolicited advice: find yourself an opponent to play against, one that will be willing to go slow and make suggestions and play a friendly open game to help you come up to speed. Make the process fun. Good hunting.
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

Thanks for the advice Larry.

Will follow that just as soon as I can. Where do folks post asking for PBEM opponents, in that kind of way?

Still reading the manual.
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Where do folks post asking for PBEM opponents, in that kind of way?

I think this is the Opponents Wanted thread:

tt.asp?forumid=1667
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
Zovs

Post by Zovs »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Where do folks post asking for PBEM opponents, in that kind of way?

I think this is the Opponents Wanted thread:

tt.asp?forumid=1667

Thanks Larry!

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”