pop up forms get stuck behind map, game frozen

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

dj3ebfreak

pop up forms get stuck behind map, game frozen

Post by dj3ebfreak »

I keep running into problems where a form will pop up and end up behind my detailed map, thus freezing the program while it waits for me to make a decision on a form I cannot see or access. any help?
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: pop up forms get stuck behind map, game frozen

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: dj3ebfreak

I keep running into problems where a form will pop up and end up behind my detailed map, thus freezing the program while it waits for me to make a decision on a form I cannot see or access. any help?
In NetPlay, typically the solution is to bring up another form (e.g., Weather, or Pools). Closing the new form usually gives you access to the other form.

---

In Solitaire, it depends on what form is being hidden and which form is covering it. Another factor is how big is your monitor. If you have multiple monitors, it depends on which one holds the Main Form.

Given what you described, making the Detailed Map slightly smaller may be all that is necessary. Try leaving a dozen pixels of space at the top and left of the Detailed Map.

---

As is implied by the above - more information on when the problem occurs will help us give you a better solution.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
dj3ebfreak

RE: pop up forms get stuck behind map, game frozen

Post by dj3ebfreak »

my solution was to just leave some space on my monitor. I would have liked to use the detailed map full screen on my main monitor. this workaround is fine for now though. Thank you!

Return to “World in Flames”