Using AI

Moderator: Hubert Cater

michacey

Using AI

Post by michacey »

Am considering purchasing this game. Already have the European version. Question: I recall from a YouTube play through that it is possible to turn over some of the nations of your coolition to the AI. For example, as the Axis, have the AI run Japan or Italy. Does anyone know if this is true?
terje439

RE: Using AI

Post by terje439 »

You can chose to play all, some, or only one of your faction countries, yes.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

The way it works is that you can initially set some nations on your side to be run by the AI. When it is your side's turn you get access to control all the units on your side. Once you hit "End Turn" the AI will move unit, purchase Research and Diplomacy, and do whatever it wants with anything you did not move.

Note it can be difficult to have nations that need to coordinate controlled by both a player and the AI. The obvious example is trying to run D-Day while controlling Britain or the USA while the AI runs the other.
michacey

Post by michacey »

Thanks, guys. Point taken about difficulty of coordinating operations with the AI.
ThunderLizard11

Post by ThunderLizard11 »

I played as Japan and let AI control Germany - bad result. Need to control all I think to have a good game as Axis.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII: World at War”