Problems with Chrome

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AW1Steve

Problems with Chrome

Post by AW1Steve »

I really need to throw myself on the mercy of any computer guru's out there! I've just found it necessary to finally give up my beloved Internet Explorer. Unfortunately I've been unable to download turns using chrome. Any words of wisdom or advice? Please? [:(]
btd64

RE: Problems with Chrome

Post by btd64 »

Do you have a google email account? I've been using google chrome for a long time with no issues....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: btd64

Do you have a google email account? I've been using google chrome for a long time with no issues....GP

I do , so I'll need to start using it. Funny thing is , I needed to convert because my Yahoo email doesn't support IE any more. Many thanks! [&o][&o][&o]
btd64

Post by btd64 »

No problem. Hopefully that's the issue....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I can't imagine why you would need a Gmail account for Chrome to work fine as a browser. Can you give us a description of what happens?
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I think Browsing is different than Uploading and Downloading with Chrome....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

He says when he tries it downloads as a save of the email and not the replay file and turn file. He's now set up a gmail account and I resent them there. Is there some special way to download an attachment that might not be obvious to him?

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

My advice, use Firefox. Never able to get on with Chrome.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

He says when he tries it downloads as a save of the email and not the replay file and turn file. He's now set up a gmail account and I resent them there. Is there some special way to download an attachment that might not be obvious to him?
He's clicking on the wrong thing in his email. Yahoo email should have an easy way to trigger download of files attached to the email. I don't have a Yahoo email account myself so I can't guess without looking at it.

Google/Bing/whatever search for the answer. It should be easy to find that way.
ericv

Post by ericv »

I use firefox as well. It works very well with practically everything.

But I was wondering if you are using Internet explorer 11 and Windows 10?

Then this is a common problem and can be fixed quite easily
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I used internet explorer 11 with Yahoo on windows 7 PRO for some time. I understand how to down load from yahoo. (Done it for well over 10 years). The problem began when I received a message from Yahoo that they no longer supported IE. Why do I use Yahoo mail? 20 years worth of emails and some personal moral convictions (I REALLY dislike Google). So I bit the bullet (and freakin gagged on it). That's why I'm having problems with Chrome. I was not then aware of Microsoft Edge , which I understand was to replace Internet Explorer.

Anybody have any experiences with that? [&:]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

I used internet explorer 11 with Yahoo on windows 7 PRO for some time. I understand how to down load from yahoo. (Done it for well over 10 years). The problem began when I received a message from Yahoo that they no longer supported IE. Why do I use Yahoo mail? 20 years worth of emails and some personal moral convictions (I REALLY dislike Google). So I bit the bullet (and freakin gagged on it). That's why I'm having problems with Chrome. I was not then aware of Microsoft Edge , which I understand was to replace Internet Explorer.

It's provided on Windows 10. What Windows version are you using? I am not sure it runs at all on Windows 7.

Separately though, I'm sure millions of Yahoo mail users are using Chrome. If you can describe what is happening or post screen pics we might be able to help you get that running.
ericv

Post by ericv »

I have microsoft Edge as well. There are times when Firefox just doesn't want to stream some video format, then I switch to Edge.
In my experience Edge will stream everything with no hassle. Edge can also be used as a very good PDF/DJVU reader. It can also read some other obscure formats. IT's fast, reliable. Actually a very good and light Microsoft product.

Much better that Explorer in my opinion. On par with firefox, I use firefox mainly because of nostalgia.

And as far as I understand it, the compatibility issues for Yahoo mail, are no issue in Edge at all.

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

It's provided on Windows 10. What Windows version are you using? I am not sure it runs at all on Windows 7.

Separately though, I'm sure millions of Yahoo mail users are using Chrome. If you can describe what is happening or post screen pics we might be able to help you get that running.

As I said windows 7. I select download to my save folder under Matrix/Ad witp/ and It takes forever for the download to download. Then when O check , it hasn't downloaded at all . or if it did , it down loaded elsewhere (various locations ) as an email. I've tried down loading for Google mail. So I think I'll try edge. Can't be any worse than present.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Missed the Windows 7 mention, but at any rate I don't think you can run Edge on Windows 7. [:(]
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

I have Windows 7 Home edition, 64 bit, I use Chrome and have no problems with either gmail or Yahoo mail.

I did download this add in for Chrome to have the files replaced for my witp downloads
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... p?hl=en-US
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: btd64

I do , so I'll need to start using it. Funny thing is , I needed to convert because my Yahoo email doesn't support IE any more. Many thanks! [&o][&o][&o]

I have just been ignoring the messages on ymail that it doesn't support ie anymore and have had no problems getting my emails.

I only use ie on my work computer using windows 7. I have chrome on it, but have not warmed up to the idea of having to re-establish all of my log-ins and set all my favorites sites on a new browser and the controls on chrome are obtrusive such as resetting the home page interface being buried treasure you have to go on a hunt to find.

The firm just bought me a new win10 platform so I'll have to reset all of my logins and favorites for edge now anyway.

Hans

Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Same here tried it but couldn't get on with it. It is the default browser that comes with Windows 11 and you cannot completely remove it either or at lest i've not found away.
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

I really need to throw myself on the mercy of any computer guru's out there! I've just found it necessary to finally give up my beloved Internet Explorer. Unfortunately I've been unable to download turns using chrome. Any words of wisdom or advice? Please? [:(]

I would recommend Firefox. I've never had a problem with it. It has a lot of super add-ons.
The best are Adblock Plus and Ghostery.

Ghostery blocks trackers. Some websites have as many as 20 trackers and Ghostery can block them.

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
Bearcat2

Post by Bearcat2 »

Could the problem be that when you click on the attachment; the download is in the bottom toolbar and you haven't noticed it there? [it will also be in your Quick Access Downloads in your PC folder]
"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”