RESERVES

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

Icier

RESERVES

Post by Icier »

Something I have been meaning to ask is why there is no National reserves for Infantry/armor, where burnt out units can be sent
like the Airforce?
I presume it would be impossible to create such item now, but what about WITE 2?
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
56ajax

RE: RESERVES

Post by 56ajax »

I think in WiTE2 they have Theatre Boxes where you can place ground units into Reserve
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
Telemecus

Post by Telemecus »

ORIGINAL: Icier

Something I have been meaning to ask is why there is no National reserves for Infantry/armor, where burnt out units can be sent
like the Airforce?
I presume it would be impossible to create such item now, but what about WITE 2?

In a way that is already modelled - but hard coded. For instance some German units are withdrawn and come back later. Sometimes that was to operate on another front, but also includes units brought back to Germany for reconditioning or as strategic reserve. Just means you have no say in the matter.
Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

It was weird that the 1st and 2nd SS were withdrawn for reconditioning, and then the Wiking just sort of converted in place, suddenly as a nice Christmas 1942 present it is my first mech division.
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

Refit mode is your comparable combat unit feature. Pull your worn out units out of the line; send them by rail to the rear (at least twelve hexes from closest enemy units) with their Corps/Army HQ or attach to an adjacent higher HQ. Best rebuild rates occur in urban rail hexes.
Aufklärungs
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

ORIGINAL: Aufklaerungs

Refit mode is your comparable combat unit feature. Pull your worn out units out of the line; send them by rail to the rear (at least twelve hexes from closest enemy units) with their Corps/Army HQ or attach to an adjacent higher HQ. Best rebuild rates occur in urban rail hexes.
Twelve? I thought it was ten. Was this a change recently?

I think guys on refit who are closer to the line still have an advantage on refit, just not so large as those farther back.
SparkleyTits

Post by SparkleyTits »

I didn't think refit replenishment increased by the amount of hexes you pulled back and only mattered by how close it was to the rail?

I thought the 10 hexes back thing was only for increased rolls on morale gains and exp

This game is too much sometimes [:D]
morvael

Post by morvael »

In case of equal distance to rail (for example 0) it matters whether you are closer to the west edge (for the Axis) or east edge (for the Soviets) - this is required to break ties.
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

Twelve? I thought it was ten. Was this a change recently?

I think guys on refit who are closer to the line still have an advantage on refit, just not so large as those farther back.

12 is just a personal rule of thumb - farther east Axis CU goes, the farther west Axis CU needs to withdraw for best refit results. Regardless, keep your unit on friendly converted rail hex with/adjacent to HQ also on rail hex.
Aufklärungs
Aufklaerungs

Post by Aufklaerungs »

This game is too much sometimes

You got that right - "art imitating life"
Aufklärungs
Icier

Post by Icier »

ORIGINAL: Aufklaerungs
This game is too much sometimes

You got that right - "art imitating life"

That is what makes it interesting, its always evolving.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Return to “The War Room”