Free French Fun

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

LordOfPants

Free French Fun

Post by LordOfPants »

In my latest game as the Allies, after the fall of France I had 3 infantry corps, 1 engineer, and 1 fighter decide to fight on with the British. I didn't move that much out of France, I had moved the colonial forces and Spanish engineers to Egypt, based the French air force in Britain with the special forces unit from Finland, and evacuated one corps before France fell. I don't know that they'll be all that useful against the AI, but it's always nice to have extra units. Anyone else had an unusually large or interesting mix of units fighting on?
Taxman66

RE: Free French Fun

Post by Taxman66 »

Just an FYI, the Free French planes are even less useful than the ground units; as they can not be attached to UK HQs. About the only thing they are good for is Recon.

Also be careful about how much you spend upgrading the Free French units. Once France is back in play they are turned back over to France... Which means they are limited by French Tech levels,
so they blow up all their trucks and other modern equipment.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
Harun

Post by Harun »

I am playing against the Allies AI, and they took over Syria when I was fighting in NA. When I liberated Syria, I received some Vichy unit.

That's not quite the same, is it?
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

No, Vichy units are just like any other minor.
Be aware though, I think Vichy France can switch sides.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
LordOfPants

Post by LordOfPants »

I'm glad I posted this, I hadn't noticed that the French units can't attach. They're still useful to a degree, but not as nice as I thought at first.
PvtBenjamin

Post by PvtBenjamin »

The engineer is very useful.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”