Unable to figure out how to change production

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

DWatson60

Unable to figure out how to change production

Post by DWatson60 »

First off, thank you all who put together the version 1.03 update.

I have updated to 1.03 and have been attempting to play the Axis with human control over production. I have been attempting to figure out how to change production but so far I have utterly and embarrassingly failed. I have played Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich since it first came out and had played USAAF before that.

One of the immediately noticed change the ver. 1.03 brought is the new production interface. Previous versions allowed me to select a city that was producing an aircraft part, engine, etc and when I click on a city’s select button, an option button would appear toward the top of the screen that gives me the ability to change what that particular city/factory was producing (airframe to airframe, engine to engine.)

Now I fail to see anything coming up that would allow me to change productions. There is a button that allows me to Confirm Changes but I do not see how I can change production.

I am working with 64byte Windows 10, ver. 1709.

I appreciate any help guiding me.

Thank you

warshipbuilder

RE: Unable to figure out how to change production

Post by warshipbuilder »

Look in your manuals folder. There should be a pdf file explaining how the new system works.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
DWatson60

Post by DWatson60 »

Now I understand how to change. I was looking for a specific button to press after highlighting the factory where I wanted to change its production product and when I clicked on the commit changes button, I overlooked that I had to be within the target aircraft production and therefore did not want to continue with commit change. Here is a list example how to change production using an example of changing a factory producing Bf 110 parts to producing He 219 parts:

1. Select He 219 aircraft
2. Select "show other prod"
3. Select "show parts" (this limits the list of factories to those who are producing parts for other aircraft / if you are interested in changing production of engines, then select "show engines", the list is limited to just the factories that are producing engines, the same rule applies for assembly plants)
4. Select a factory (or factories) that are producing Bf 110 parts that you want to change
5. Select "commit changes"
6. Answer yes to verification notice
7. the factory will change to producing He 219 after retooling

when I identify select, I am clicking on the button to the left of the site or factory and it needs to be lit to enact the change.

the PDF is good, I apologize for not understanding what was written. I like a step by step list as it helps me with clarity.

thank you
harley

Post by harley »

When I wrote all this new interface stuff it was just me with Ron and Swift for testing. I am not a UX designer so there are crazy choices in there that seem incoherent at times. I suspect if I tried to play it I too would be confused.

Back after we released one chap with some skills posted a screen of the mouse movements needed to plan a single mission. It was literally all over th screen. It only I knew better before that was all locked in, it wouldn’t feel so clunky.

Of course the circa 1997 engine didn’t help. Plus me learning C++ as I went 😂
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”