New TOAW IV database

Graphics, sound, and database mods.

Scenarios should still be posted in the main 'Mods and Scenarios' forum below
josant

New TOAW IV database

Post by josant »

For this new version of toaw 4, I have adapted my toaw 3 previous modified database, expanded with more than 2000 new equipments that before I could not put due to the limit of equipment that toaw 3 had.
This mod not only include modern and latest weapons systems, also include oldest systems that not include the original database.
Also taking advantage that the new toaw 4 finally has a new improved system for naval combat, I have included more than 600 classes of ships (ironclads, cruisers, battleships, frigates ...)

*** The link to download the old v5.2 version (compatible, see post 39 of this thread) is the following; ***
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fhwdxul1 ... 2.zip/file
The zip file includes both *.nqp, *.eqp and *.png files

*** The link to download the new v6.0 version (incompatible, see post 59 of this thread) is the following; ***

https://www.mediafire.com/file/p6evvm9e ... 0.zip/file

The zip file includes both *.nqp, *.eqp and *.png files

JA
Oberst_Klink

RE: New TOAW IV database

Post by Oberst_Klink »

Muchas gracias!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Wow, this is a pretty huge development. You could have charged $10 per person via PayPay!

I assume I can put your equip file in the Override Folder of an existing game, save in the editor and then have access to your database for an existing scenario.

I am not familiar with the use of the .nqp file.

Thanks!
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

Wow, this is a pretty huge development. You could have charged $10 per person via PayPay!

I assume I can put your equip file in the Override Folder of an existing game, save in the editor and then have access to your database for an existing scenario.

I am not familiar with the use of the .nqp file.

Thanks!
Mike

yes, you put both files, .eqp and .nqp, into the override folder, but make sure it is going to have the same name as the scenario you're creating with. Remember, the .nqp is for the naval equipment.

Regards,

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: josant

For this new version of toaw 4, I have adapted my toaw 3 previous modified database, expanded with more than 1500 new equipments that before I could not put due to the limit of equipment that toaw 3 had.
This mod not only include modern and latest weapons systems, also include oldest systems that not include the original database.
Also taking advantage that the new toaw 4 finally has a new improved system for naval combat, I have included more than 500 classes of ships (ironclads, cruisers, battleships, frigates ...)

The link to download is the following;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bam0b65b4 ... e%20v1.zip

The zip file includes both *.nqp and *.eqp files

If I am using the equipment database that came with the game can I use yours without anything in a scenario OOB changing? For instance, if I used your folder with a scenario that came with TOAWIV and that scenario used the TOAWIV .eqp file would every piece of equipment in the scenario still match up in the scenario? Will a truck still be a truck or will it change to a JU52?
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
josant

Post by josant »

Lobster,

No, All previous scenarios that dont have attached a .eqp file are incompatible with modified database files.

If you put this 2 files in the Graphics Override folder, when you starts the game, the game load it as default, and if you load a toaw IV scenario that dont have his own *.eqp file, you get a wrong eqp advice and the equipments will appears changed.

What you can do is rename those new files when you want to load a standard scenario, and put their correct name again if you want to made a scenario that use this new database.

JA
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Having some difficulty here. I renamed both new database files Blitzkrieg 50 and put them in the Blitzkrieg 50 folder in Override. I opened it in the editor and got the new database. But an ATGM into the HQ unit, saved it. But when I open the scenario to play it, the "old" piece of equipment takes its place.

I've also renamed scenario and created new Override folder, but same thing happens.

So, for us simpletons, how do I use the upgraded database in existing scenario [&:]
Silvanski

Post by Silvanski »

As this is an extended database -fine job btw- equipment slots have changed, so it can only be used to create new scenarios or completely overhaul existing ones.
The TOAW Redux Dude
NikolaiEzhov

Post by NikolaiEzhov »

Good job josant.

Some suggestions/more to be added:
1. The PLZ-45 and PLZ-05 SP howitzers are 155mm, not 152mm.
2. I don't find the Stryker MGS. Maybe is missing?
3. Chinese Twin 37mm AA Gun (Type-65/74): (http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4188.html), the backbone of PLA air defense forces.
4. Taiwanese M41D tank (http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldw ... ulldog.php), very different from the original M41A3 tank.
5. The Chinese "Type-54 122mm SP Gun" should be "Type-70 122mm SP Gun" (http://www.military-today.com/artillery/type_70_1.htm).
6. The 2D image of 82mm Vasilyek should be more resemble as a howitzer, not a mortar.

Regards, Nikolai.
Proletariat of the world, unite!
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Now I understand - the slots have changed. I've been using TOAWIIIEqpEditor-1.2.0.0 with success, but that doesn't move stuff around. Still odd how josant's database will work in the editor, but obviously not in the game program.

Well, it gives me a reason to create a very small scenario.
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: NikolaiEzhov

Good job josant.

Some suggestions/more to be added:
1. The PLZ-45 and PLZ-05 SP howitzers are 155mm, not 152mm.
2. I don't find the Stryker MGS. Maybe is missing?
3. Chinese Twin 37mm AA Gun (Type-65/74): (http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4188.html), the backbone of PLA air defense forces.
4. Taiwanese M41D tank (http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/coldw ... ulldog.php), very different from the original M41A3 tank.
5. The Chinese "Type-54 122mm SP Gun" should be "Type-70 122mm SP Gun" (http://www.military-today.com/artillery/type_70_1.htm).
6. The 2D image of 82mm Vasilyek should be more resemble as a howitzer, not a mortar.

Regards, Nikolai.

Thanks for the corrections, I will change this in next version of the database and add the missing equipment that you say.

1. You are right there is a mistake in the name, but if you look, they have the stats of 155mm guns

2. Stryker MGS is in the anti tank vehicles section

JA
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

Isn´t the number of ship classes in the naval.npq file limited to 100?

I´m curious, did you try to represent submarines?
josant

Post by josant »

ORIGINAL: Bombur

Isn´t the number of ship classes in the naval.npq file limited to 100?

I´m curious, did you try to represent submarines?

No, I put more than 500 ships in the .nqp file and it works.
Until now, the toaw 4 engine can not represent submarines, may be in a future patch.
JA
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

True, but there are some attempts to simulate submarine warfare with the current rules, to you see a way to do it? I was thinking about creating a fragile ship with very long "artillery" range, so it could interdict enemy vessels. Such a ship would be hard to find but easy to kill when located.
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

ORIGINAL: Bombur

True, but there are some attempts to simulate submarine warfare with the current rules, to you see a way to do it? I was thinking about creating a fragile ship with very long "artillery" range, so it could interdict enemy vessels. Such a ship would be hard to find but easy to kill when located.
Such a ship would be bad news for land targets too. Torpedoes are weapons that should only impact sea targets. Ship-borne torpedoes have to be hard wired in code.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

What if we use the "antiship only" feature?
josant

Post by josant »

I updated the database to v2 version, in wich I fix some things and add some new systems, so this new v2 version is incompatible with scenarios created with v1 version.
I put the link in the first post.
JA
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Thanks for all your hard work Josand dude. We appreciate it.
If listening to djt doesn't insult your intelligence then clearly you don't have any.
josant

Post by josant »

I updated the database to v3 version, for this time I expand the database with more than 2000 new weapon systems (that not only include the latest systems, it also include some secret/wonderfull WW2 german weapons for what if scenarios)

Also I reworked the naval part of the database using many modified formulas that Bob Cross give us many years ago (see tm.asp?m=1403648)

The link to download the dabase is in post 1
JA
Silvanski

Post by Silvanski »

ORIGINAL: josant

I updated the database to v3 version,
The link to download the dabase is in post 1
[&o][&o][&o]
Thanks, great job
The TOAW Redux Dude

Return to “Mods”