Generals I ask for help. What to do?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

piotrmx

Generals I ask for help. What to do?

Post by piotrmx »

It's 1942-02-12 now. Frontline is stabilized. Nothing will happen till the spring. But what to do now. Where should I send my panzer troops?
Send in Stalingrad and Caucasus? It will be diffucult to take Baku. What with the north bulge?
Generals I need some advisces. OKH is waiting for plan and I have no idea what to do.

Attachments
1942.jpg
1942.jpg (900.81 KiB) Viewed 70 times
piotrmx

RE: Generals I ask for help. What to do?

Post by piotrmx »

Of course

My army 3,8 mln men , 5000 tanks and 3400 planes. Red Army 5,75 mln men, 8100 tanks and 9100 planes.

And I promised Adolf Hitler that the war would end before American troops land in France.
Kantti

Post by Kantti »

Drive through summer cruise from Kursk to Rostov? Or more ambitious push from Tula to Voronezh and along eastern bank of Don to Stalingrad?
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

You need a powerfull navy to control this large center ocean....
Brakes are for cowards !!
piotrmx

Post by piotrmx »

Hitler planed to flood Moscov. I exaggerated a bit. I have 200 uboots so Moscov Mare is mine :-).
HardLuckYetAgain

Post by HardLuckYetAgain »

What campaign setting are you playing?

What is the OOB?

Are you still in Feb/March?

If I could ask you are you playing?
German Turn 1 opening moves. The post that keeps on giving https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=390004
piotrmx

Post by piotrmx »

Yes it's the next week nov 1942-02-26. OOB- German- I play-3,8mln men, 36ooo art., 5200 tanks, 3600 planes. My oponent has 5,9mln men, 67000 art., 8200 tanks and 9300 planes.
Red Army stopped attack. I didn't lose hexes except some no important .
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

I guess you concentrated on capturing Moscow in '41?

South is a major problem, you should have aimed to cross and hold Dnepr along it's whole length during '41 and First Winter. Now it seems you'll be facing a fortified Dnepr in summer '42...

I'd probably forget about south at first and try to breach through Kursk-Orel sector, and threaten both north and south from there. Make a big push south before you reach Voronezh (the opponent will probably try to protect it), and aim for Rostov to cut supply or force a retreat for that whole southern part of the Soviet front. Try to avoid big river lines since they'll probably be fortified.

Completely freeze and minimize the northern front, but keep enough units in the center so as to threaten both Tula and Moscow and keep Soviet units tied up in there.

The situation looks pretty grim, and you need a really big and aggressive land-grabs to push the Soviets enough east to prevent an easy steamroller heading west from 43 onwards. Your OOB is OK, but Soviet OOB is quite high, so you need to make some big ambitious pockets out there.

Concentrate your forces, don't spread out too much. You need to thin your line (starting from March already?) and risk losing ground in non-important sectors to be able to gather offensive fists strong enough to make big breakthroughs. Good luck :)
piotrmx

Post by piotrmx »

Soviets paid men for territory.They lost over 4mln till 5.12.1941. So I think it wasn;t cheap :-). My PzCorp will be ready in May but its a long way to Baku. There is bulge in north which worry me. Leave Moscov to make frontline short or destroy Soviets bulge in the north. But there are woods and marches. It will take a lot of time. And its terrain for infantry.
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: piotrmx

Soviets paid men for territory.They lost over 4mln till 5.12.1941. So I think it wasn;t cheap :-). My PzCorp will be ready in May but its a long way to Baku. There is bulge in north which worry me. Leave Moscov to make frontline short or destroy Soviets bulge in the north. But there are woods and marches. It will take a lot of time. And its terrain for infantry.

I'd really forget about north, there's nothing to lose for the Soviets there, and just good defensible terrain for you to slog through.

Get those panzers ready and release them to the open steppes, use landbridges to your advantage to avoid rivers. Aim for deep penetrations to cut major rail lines and intersections to make supply a problem for the Soviets too.
Kantti

Post by Kantti »

If frontline does feel a long for you, it must feel a lot longer for Soviet with such losses! He simply cannot defend on steppes against concentrated panzers!

Return to “The War Room”