Blue and Red Lines

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
michacey

Blue and Red Lines

Post by michacey »

Quick question. What are all these blue and red lines crossing the map and how do I get rid of them.
Thanks.
larryfulkerson

RE: Blue and Red Lines

Post by larryfulkerson »

Those are the objective tracks to show the way from one objective to the next. They are helpful when things get
complicated. They are unhelpful when they show up unbidden. Just click the button shown in the image to get rid
of them.

Attachments
temp.jpg
temp.jpg (43.19 KiB) Viewed 259 times
Interviewer: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Elderly Gentleman: "My honesty."
Interviewer: "Well I hardly think that could be a weakness."
Elderly Gentleman: "I don't give a fuck what you think."
ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

We'll have a patch out soon that will make them stop showing up unexpectedly.
Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
michacey

Post by michacey »

Thanks-a-mil. Really enjoying the game even if i'm not sure whay i'm doing

ralphtricky

Post by ralphtricky »

ORIGINAL: michacey

Thanks-a-mil. Really enjoying the game even if i'm not sure whay i'm doing

Join the crowd. It's pretty complex under the hood. I tend to ignore the details and go for good strategy instead.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.
spelk

Post by spelk »

I seem to have myself in a situation where nothing I do will remove the red lines tracks from the map. Even starting the scenario from fresh doesn't help.

See https://i.imgur.com/Mtx48Ye.png

I've tried the PO buttons as suggested above. Tried ?, /, and F12 toggles to no avail. I can turn the white tracks on and off, but these red ones seems to stay there permenantly now. I don't even know what turned them on, unless this was the end of turn issue as reported above.

I've also set advanced options to not enabled the PO buttons, but they still show up when the game loads, and that setting doesn't seem to affect whether the lines are displayed or not.

Loading other scenarios also has them displayed.

Is there an option in any of the config files that can turn these lines off?
spelk

Post by spelk »

Odd, but I seemed to have cured the persistent red-lines issue.

By zooming in and out using the Map's up Y and down Y buttons. (or the Zoom out and Zoom in magnifying glass buttons) - I can't tell which worked, as I was just pressing them in sequence..

If they were artifacts of not refreshing the screen I would have thought they wouldn't persist beyond exiting and re-opening the game. But perhaps the screen is cached somewhere and the change in zoom levels causes a new refresh of the cache?

Anyway, I was at the point of uninstalling the game and re-installing it, but luckily it seems to have gone away for now.
spelk

Post by spelk »

This happened again, and the above didn't fix it. What did was turning Units on and off.
Acme1970

Post by Acme1970 »

This happens to me too, i was doing Bulge 44 and after the computer completed the German turn and it came time for me to make my move the blue lines would come up, i would shut them off and sure enough next turn they're back again. The game got very slow and choppy while the blue lines were on the screen making mouse movement difficult, it's very frustrating.
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

ORIGINAL: Acme1970

This happens to me too, i was doing Bulge 44 and after the computer completed the German turn and it came time for me to make my move the blue lines would come up, i would shut them off and sure enough next turn they're back again. The game got very slow and choppy while the blue lines were on the screen making mouse movement difficult, it's very frustrating.
Did you install the patch? tm.asp?m=4385645
Acme1970

Post by Acme1970 »

Thanks i'll give it a try, one question though in the folder there are two files Opart 4.exe and Opart 4 - Slow.exe, what is the difference between them?
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Slow is for older machines, and sometimes it may not work.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”