Public Beta 0.908e Patch

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: warshipbuilder, simovitch

paulopanz

Public Beta 0.908e Patch

Post by paulopanz »

My System:

GeForce GTX 960
Drivers 385.69
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20Hz
7,94 GB RAM
Win 7
1920x1080,60Hz

My Issue

At start: - black screen -

After a while a message: "BTR.exe ha smesso di funzionare ....."

PS: No problem with previous patch or base game.

Notes:

I tried to uncheck WIN 7 compatibility options, but no luck.

The game runs well on my AUSUS laptop with WIN 10 just unchecked WIN 7 compatibility

simovitch

RE: Public Beta 0.908e Patch

Post by simovitch »

For some reason there is an additional compatibility flag in the registry set by the installer. Unless your comfortable with regedit, you can disable the flag by downloading and installing dxwnd.
You can download it for free here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
1. run dxwnd and right click the screen to add a new application.
2. use EDBTR or whatever for name, and set both the path and target by browsing for btr.exe
3. under "options" select expert mode
4. under Tools select Clear compatibility flags.

try running the game now, or try running it now through dxwnd in fullscreen or windowed mode checked under the main tab.

An important setting for DXWnd to work is that all compatibility settings must be removed from btr.exe, including the one set in the registry by the installer.
simovitch

paulopanz

Post by paulopanz »

My answer is why.
Why I have to follow these difficult actions (I'ld be able, but I don't think all people out there could be) as this is a coomecial product I buyed and should work in my system that I think is far common.
Matrix should fix the bugs in next official patch.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

ORIGINAL: paulopanz

My answer is why.
Why I have to follow these difficult actions (I'ld be able, but I don't think all people out there could be) as this is a coomecial product I buyed and should work in my system that I think is far common.
Matrix should fix the bugs in next official patch.
It's not that easy because the problems are caused by Microsoft features (directx) being developed without reverse compatibility.
We would need a real MS directx guru who understands GG's graphics code structure to fix this and none have answered Matrix's call.
simovitch

paulopanz

Post by paulopanz »

Vanilla game 1.00 and patch 1.02 work fine ...
I don't understand what are you talking about.
The bug/issue is only in new patch and only for Win 7 OS.
In fact my laptop using Win 10 OS works fine and without Win 7 compatibility as default install.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

The difference is Matrix set an automatic Win7 compatibility settings with the installer for this patch which may be the problem with Win7 users.

Please try and remove the registry setting and report back if this works. This is a beta release for just this type of issue.[:)][:)]
simovitch

paulopanz

Post by paulopanz »

Tried. No effect. If the issue could be the fullscreen let us choose the windowed mode after install and before launching the game .....
warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

I have asked zakblood to have a look at your problem. Hopefully he will be able to help. No guarantees, but he is usually pretty good at figuring these things out.
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i will have to reload the game and check out the latest beta and then comment on what could be the reason for the error mentioned, will do it Monday as not got a free pc atm to re load it on, as all on tests atm, will try a win 10 and win 7 pc and see if i can re create the issue and see if i can find a way around it for everyone and do a guide to make it more easier or make more sense etc, hopefully[:(]

edited and amended results of beta patch test results

tm.asp?m=4333590&mpage=2
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum

a report may help as the hardware on the laptop may throw something odd up and may stand out, apart from that, there's only guess work at why or what could or maybe wrong etc[:(]
paulopanz

Post by paulopanz »

Here you are.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(36.4 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

no game or operating system errors in the logs, driver are also upto date, so again no idea why your's doesn't work like others do i'm sorry to say, something else in the hardware / software mix is making it not work for you, could be a registry error or a bad install of the software or windows tbh

all i can suggest is trying to fix errors, as none are in the gaming side logs

try this one first to repair windows 7 first ^^

then try a good registry repair program and uninstall the game, wipe the folder clean and scan the registry again and re install the game and patches, this time installing as admin with the right click, and also check your AV logs (anti virus) for anything in the logs to see if that has stopped anything, and also reinstall all the pre requites the games need, that it comes with, just in case any of the files are missing or corrupt

i use ccleaner (its free on google) and use the registry repair tool, it's 100% safe as long as you do it after the repair above and has been tested with all versions of windows
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

if none of this works and you're system works perfectly without the latest beta patch, don't install it, is all i can say, while most i mention above can repair your O/S it's not as good and never will be as good as a fresh install, which fixes 100% of any error, so at least the O/S is more stable and patched, before any games and software are installed, then at least you know it's software and not hardware that's not compatible etc if you then get a gaming error.

my test pc gets reinstalled every month, then again it gets some hammer, my gaming rigs, new and old get reinstalled around every 3 months or so, as soon as the latest version of windows comes out or a repacked version eg later build ISO, i download and reinstall and image a drive with that on to use on all my systems, so normally all my pc's are on windows 10.

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834) is what im on now

Windows 10 (1709 RS3) "Fall Creators Update" Final 16299.15 is the latest version released to manufacturers on 17th Oct 2017
paulopanz

Post by paulopanz »

Thank you for your interest. As this the only program I can't run (update) I'll not put my hands in win registry. I can live without BTR.

The only thing I haven't told you is that I can't unistall the program now.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

me neither, i also tried and failed with the uninstall after the beta install, so for me it's a manual folder removal then a ccleaner sweep of files for those who have no associates etc, then a registry fix with it's tool, and i'm back to normal with a clean system
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

you may try to right-click the game executable and hit "run as admin" - any change in behaviour ?
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)

Return to “Tech Support”